Lenstip missing.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Hugh Barstead Regular Member • Posts: 119
Lenstip missing.

Does anyone know what happened to the Lenstip site? For days now I get Server Not Found.

I like the site and hope it’s not shut down.

robgendreau Veteran Member • Posts: 7,947
Re: Lenstip missing.

Hugh Barstead wrote:

Does anyone know what happened to the Lenstip site? For days now I get Server Not Found.

I like the site and hope it’s not shut down.

Opens for me just now.

OP Hugh Barstead Regular Member • Posts: 119

That’s really odd. All I get is a server not found error. All my other regular sites are working fine.

Problem must be at my end.

sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 18,984

Hugh Barstead wrote:

That’s really odd. All I get is a server not found error. All my other regular sites are working fine.

Problem must be at my end.

You might have been hit with a browser hijacker. That happened to me a few weeks ago. I was unable to access the Best Buy website with one of my computers until I ran Malwarebytes on it, which removed the browser hijacker.

I just texted my friend, and he gets the same “server not found” message. He’s not a camera guy and has never been to that site before. Nor does he use the same ISP as I do.
Maybe a regional failure? Is anyone out there from western Canada? Can you reach Lenstip? This has been going on for 3 days now.

Prairie Pal Senior Member • Posts: 2,818

Hugh Barstead wrote:

I just texted my friend, and he gets the same “server not found” message. He’s not a camera guy and has never been to that site before. Nor does he use the same ISP as I do.
Maybe a regional failure? Is anyone out there from western Canada? Can you reach Lenstip? This has been going on for 3 days now.

Saskatchewan here.  I was able to log on without any delay just minutes ago.  I tried several links on the page and no problems.

-- hide signature --

Ivan

Prairie Pal's gear list:Prairie Pal's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D600 Nikon D7200 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +10 more
FingerPainter Veteran Member • Posts: 9,601

Hugh Barstead wrote:

If he's never been there before, does that mean you gave him the URL? Perhaps you are using the wrong URL.

I get to Lenstip at https://www.lenstip.com/. (I just copied this address out of the address bar of Chrome, while it was displaying the site's home page that I found by googling.)

If that is not the problem, do you and your friend use the same Domain Name Server (DNS)? If so, see if you ca use an alternate one.

When my friend got home he was able to reach the site. He cannot reach the site from the phone network but can from his cable.

i cannot get there from either.

I wonder if Lenstip has blocked certain IP ranges due to nefarious activity or something.

Thanks Ivan.

InkedMarie
InkedMarie Senior Member • Posts: 1,292

I’m on an iPad and it works on this and my iPhone.

Marie

InkedMarie's gear list:InkedMarie's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +1 more
JasonTheBirder
JasonTheBirder Senior Member • Posts: 1,394

Next time you can use:

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/

Or some similar site. It will tell you whether it's just you or for everyone.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads