COVID Locked

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
This thread is locked.
WhiskeyBeforeBreakfast Senior Member • Posts: 1,153
COVID

I've just been diagnosed with having COVID-19 by an X-ray of my lungs. Here's the thing, I can still smell paprika, and taste oregano. I don't have a fever, but do have a cough and a slight difficulty in breathing.

It has been suggested that I self-quarantine for three weeks, meaning I should not go grocery shopping or go for walks. ?*%^&F#!!

As a photographer this is apocalyptic. Yeah, I know, who am I?

I am 68, and, OK, maybe fatuously still believe there are more photographs in me. Still, I won't put others in harm's way so I'll abide the doctor's suggestions and keep isolated*.

*Or try. I'm no hero.

timbazi
timbazi Regular Member • Posts: 329
Re: COVID

is this a flex?

-- hide signature --

The exposure I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.

timbazi's gear list:timbazi's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Canon EOS M50 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +6 more
jnd Regular Member • Posts: 228

Look on the bright side, now you have finally time to edit leftover photos, update your galleries or portfolio.

jnd's gear list:jnd's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Kamlan 50mm F1.1 II +14 more
OP WhiskeyBeforeBreakfast Senior Member • Posts: 1,153

jnd wrote:

Look on the bright side, now you have finally time to edit leftover photos, update your galleries or portfolio.

Yep, been doing that since March. Sigh.

NickZ2016 Senior Member • Posts: 1,580

WhiskeyBeforeBreakfast wrote:

I've just been diagnosed with having COVID-19 by an X-ray of my lungs.

An Xray would show pneumonia not the virus. The virus does often progress to pneumonia but I don't think an xray can find a virus.

Look after yourself. Do you have an Oxygen meter? If not get one from Amazon. If your O2 levels drop too much don't be shy about getting help.

NickZ2016's gear list:NickZ2016's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon 85mm F1.8G +4 more
Ellis Vener
Ellis Vener Forum Pro • Posts: 14,376

WhiskeyBeforeBreakfast wrote:

I've just been diagnosed with having COVID-19 by an X-ray of my lungs. Here's the thing, I can still smell paprika, and taste oregano. I don't have a fever, but do have a cough and a slight difficulty in breathing.

Fortunately no one in my immediate families ( my family and my siblings families) has been infected (yet) but I have several friends who have either been infected and recovered or have lost family members to the disease.

It has been suggested that I self-quarantine for three weeks, meaning I should not go grocery shopping or go for walks. ?*%^&F#!!

Yes that sucks. Are you sure you can't go for walks? 
If you live alone, do  you have someone who do shopping or run errands for you?

As a photographer this is apocalyptic. Yeah, I know, who am I?

You're just like the rest of us.

I am 68, and, OK, maybe fatuously still believe there are more photographs in me.

Of course there are.

Still, I won't put others in harm's way so I'll abide the doctor's suggestions and keep isolated*.

*Or try. I'm no hero.

Not one of us is a hero until they sacrifice something of themselves for the betterment of others.

-- hide signature --

Ellis Vener
Professional photographer since 1984.
To see my work, please visit http://www.ellisvener.com
Or on Instagram @EllisVenerStudio

Ellis Vener's gear list:Ellis Vener's gear list
Sony RX100 VII Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7 II +1 more
Smaug01
MOD Smaug01 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,920

Although this does have some slight relevance to photography, that's not really what it's about.

From experience, these threads go nowhere good. I've put in hours upon hours of moderating time in several past threads trying to keep them civil, but it just can't be done.

I recommend discussing via PM, if you want to keep up the discussion, or facebook or wherever.

-- hide signature --

-Jeremy
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."
-Eric Hoffer
Opinions expressed are mine and not necessarily DPR's

Smaug01's gear list:Smaug01's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS30 Nikon D610 Olympus OM-D E-M10 III +28 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads