Unknown filter

Started 3 months ago | Questions
Aweaver New Member • Posts: 1
Unknown filter

Can anyone tell me what filter or app was used to create this look? It was done on a phone is all I know. Been trying to find out for over a year. Would love to use this look.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Aoi Usagi Senior Member • Posts: 2,406
Re: Unknown filter
1

Looks like one of those fake thermal imaging filters.

-- hide signature --

Formally Evogt500

 Aoi Usagi's gear list:Aoi Usagi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR Sony Alpha NEX-5N Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EOS 70D +2 more
hotdog321
hotdog321 Forum Pro • Posts: 20,913
Re: Unknown filter
3

Looks like a inverse color or negative filter.

-- hide signature --
 hotdog321's gear list:hotdog321's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +3 more
BrownieVet Senior Member • Posts: 3,376
Just click INVERT

Re: Unknown filter

Aoi Usagi wrote:

Looks like one of those fake thermal imaging filters.

Not knowing what editor you are using, I'll assume it has a IMVERT FILTER tool.
Here is an example:

INVERT applied

Normal JPEG (face covered for privacy)

BrownieVet Senior Member • Posts: 3,376
Look at this . . .

Aweaver wrote:

Can anyone tell me what filter or app was used to create this look? It was done on a phone is all I know. Been trying to find out for over a year. Would love to use this look.

Applied INVERT to the photo you posted to reverse the effect

Aoi Usagi Senior Member • Posts: 2,406
Re: Look at this . . .

BrownieVet wrote:

Aweaver wrote:

Can anyone tell me what filter or app was used to create this look? It was done on a phone is all I know. Been trying to find out for over a year. Would love to use this look.

Applied INVERT to the photo you posted to reverse the effect

I don't think that's what the scene looked like in its natural state, unless the camera was converted to record IR.  Even then, I have my doubts.  But who knows.

-- hide signature --

Formally Evogt500

 Aoi Usagi's gear list:Aoi Usagi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR Sony Alpha NEX-5N Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EOS 70D +2 more
Graham Meale
Graham Meale Veteran Member • Posts: 3,247
Re: Just click INVERT
3

A pity you didn't cover their faces on the inverted image — which can easily be inverted back if anyone could be bothered!

-- hide signature --
 Graham Meale's gear list:Graham Meale's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +7 more
BrownieVet Senior Member • Posts: 3,376
Re: Look at this . . .

Aoi Usagi wrote:

BrownieVet wrote:

A

Applied INVERT to the photo you posted to reverse the effect

I don't think that's what the scene looked like in its natural state, unless the camera was converted to record IR. Even then, I have my doubts. But who knows.

I am NOT claiming it is.  As you said,  WHO KNOWS!
Just demonstrating THE POSSIBILITIES INVERT filter can do.

BrownieVet Senior Member • Posts: 3,376
Re: Just click INVERT

Graham Meale wrote:

A pity you didn't cover their faces on the inverted image — which can easily be inverted back if anyone could be bothered!

YES,  realized my oversight too late.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads