Set Canon printer to print one side.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
jerryf128 Contributing Member • Posts: 726
Set Canon printer to print one side.

Hi all,

I am not sure if you can help me about this problem, but I thought I would ask. I have a multi use Canon MG7120 printer, and I want to set it to print one side only. I have gone in to preferences to set it, but there is no option to do this. I have tried Canon community without success. Does anyone have any knowledge on how to change from two sided to one? I know this is a photo forum, but thought maybe someone might know. I don't think it matters, but I run Windows 10.

Thanks for any advice.

gscotten
gscotten Senior Member • Posts: 2,084
Re: Set Canon printer to print one side.

I do not own your specific model, but in every Canon printer I have owned, there was a checkbox called "Duplex Printing" in the printer preferences.

-- hide signature --

George

gscotten's gear list:gscotten's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3
OP jerryf128 Contributing Member • Posts: 726

Thanks George, I do see Duplex Printing, and I wondered about that, the box is unchecked, and I assumed that if the box was checked it meant two sided printing. I will go in and check the box to see if it changes to one side only.

Jerry

jerryf128 wrote:

Thanks George, I do see Duplex Printing, and I wondered about that, the box is unchecked, and I assumed that if the box was checked it meant two sided printing. I will go in and check the box to see if it changes to one side only.

Jerry

Hi George, I went in to preferences, and as I thought, if you hover over Duplex Printing box it says for printing both sides. Yet the box is unchecked and it still prints both sides! Go figure??

Jerry

A Owens Veteran Member • Posts: 3,504

I do not own a Canon printer so am far from an expert in these things. But for what it is worth.....

Depending upon how the printer was installed, the generic Windows printer driver may be overriding a setting. Look in the Windows print settings in Settings> Devices>Printers & Scanners > "Select your Canon printer" > Manage.

From here you can access Printer Properties and Printing Preferences. You may be able to access a setting from here that solves your problem.

Thanks A Owens, I did as you suggested, but it takes me to prefreces/ manage, and I have looked at everything, but the only option is Duplex Printing. I plan on calling Canon support and ask if they can help.

Jerry

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads