What would you do ??

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Ramonn Regular Member • Posts: 168
What would you do ??

On 10/23/2020 I received an unsolicited e-mail offering Ilford paper 13 x 19 with a portfolio bag included. I remember the price quoted for the deal to be approximately $55,00, but what sold me on the deal was that it included 100 sheets of paper. After placing the order I received an e-mail 3 days later stating the items were backordered. The e-mail described the item as 13 x 19 100 sheet pack. Subsequent e-mails however describe the item to include only a 25 sheet pack. I contacted the merchant regarding the discrepancy and was asked to provide screenshots regarding the offer. For some reason the initial offer is nowhere to be found in my email account however I do have screenshots from the follow-up email as well as a screenshot from my store account which notes the item is on backorder and describes a 100 sheet bundle. Today when I checked my store account it states the item has been shipped as of today. The description of the item in my account however has been changed stating only a 25 sheet pack has been shipped.

Intended or not this amounts to a bait and switch. Of course I can return the merchandise or should I insist that the original offer be honored?  Perhaps I should bring the matter to the attention of New York's consumer protection agency.

NAwlins Contrarian Veteran Member • Posts: 5,600
Call the merchant first

First, I would call the merchant and see what they say.

Second, I would post here which merchant this is, so the rest of us can know. Also of course tell us how it turns out.

If you paid with a credit card, you have that protection and leverage. In the end, your practical choice may be between returning everything for a full refund and keeping everything (albeit only 25 sheets) for $55.

If at the end of the process you think the merchant still has not treated you right, then you could file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

NAwlins Contrarian's gear list:NAwlins Contrarian's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S30 Canon PowerShot S120 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +5 more
Gesture Veteran Member • Posts: 7,520
Re: Call the merchant first

The ILFORD PORTFOLIO bag fits up to two 13x19” boxes of paper. Bonus ILFORD PORTFOLIO bags only available while stocks last! HURRY DON’T MISS OUT!

Copyright © 2020 Ilford Imaging Europe GmbH, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in at ilford.com. This may include opting in to receive emails from us when downloading Ilford Printer Profiles

Our mailing address is:

Ilford Imaging Europe GmbHBuchholzstraße 79Bergisch Gladbach 51469Germany

The link took me to Adorama:

https://www.adorama.com/ilg2001750pb.html

It says 25 sheets @ 13 x 19 plus the portfolio bag?

OP Ramonn Regular Member • Posts: 168

I believe the e-mail you are referring to was sent on or about November 23. The e-mail in question was sent to me on 10/23. I am certain that they were not the same and although I do not have a copy of my email, I have sent, as detailed in my original post, screenshots that describe the product as a 100 sheet pack. I recently received notice that the product is on its way. The tracking information notes the weight to be 7 pounds. Would a 25 sheet pack of paper weigh this much h or is more included?  Will wait and see.

Yes, my email was from Nov 23. I almost bit on it for 25 sheets as the portfolio looks kind of neat. Good luck.

This is the 8-1/2 x 11 link:

https://www.adorama.com/ilg2002872pb.html

OP Ramonn Regular Member • Posts: 168

Would you mind checking your email (including spam as well as deleted ) to see if you received an email from Adorama or Ilford on or about 10/23/2020?

Just have that November one.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads