Started 5 months ago | Discussions
jaggedhorizon Senior Member • Posts: 2,538
The lighthouse of Petit Minou in Bretagne, France

...on a mild late August evening:

jaggedhorizon's gear list:jaggedhorizon's gear list
Sony a7R III
Lan Senior Member • Posts: 2,640
Re: The lighthouse of Petit Minou in Bretagne, France

Nice work as usual Cedric! I like the composition, good leading lines, which lead the eye to the subject well. As usual your attention to detail is good - the lighthouse is perfectly straight

This feels a bit too "static" for me though? I want to see more movement.

I might also be tempted to darken the moon a little to make the lunar detail show more clearly? I know it's probably correct, but the moon feels too bright to me. That's possibly a side effect of not going outside for a few months though

JeffSlade
JeffSlade Regular Member • Posts: 496

Nice.

-- hide signature --

I believe in wabi-sabi :a world view centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. I appreciate beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete" in nature.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/billpoplawski/albums/with/72157716942456506

JeffSlade's gear list:JeffSlade's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 GoPro Hero7 Black Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +7 more
OP jaggedhorizon Senior Member • Posts: 2,538

Lan wrote:

Nice work as usual Cedric! I like the composition, good leading lines, which lead the eye to the subject well. As usual your attention to detail is good - the lighthouse is perfectly straight

This feels a bit too "static" for me though? I want to see more movement.

I might also be tempted to darken the moon a little to make the lunar detail show more clearly? I know it's probably correct, but the moon feels too bright to me. That's possibly a side effect of not going outside for a few months though

Thank you Lan!

It was a quiet evening, unfortunately I didn't find a way to make it more "dramatic" (and the sky was a bit blander than I would have preferred). But it's a good memory of what my wife and I felt when being there.

I'll check out the moon:-)

jaggedhorizon's gear list:jaggedhorizon's gear list
Sony a7R III
Dr Hal Senior Member • Posts: 1,902

I think that this is a very nicely done picture and I like it but I did pay attention to Lan's criticism and wonder how it would look with an exposure that showed the movement of the water instead of the long exposure.

Hal

Dr Hal's gear list:Dr Hal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Canon EOS M6 II Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +3 more
1Dx4me Forum Pro • Posts: 10,862

all of the elements that make this a great shot, are there! very nice composition.

-- hide signature --

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

KENTGA Veteran Member • Posts: 7,065

Nice photo and the leading lines to the lighthouse.

Kent

KENTGA's gear list:KENTGA's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +15 more
FMohsin
FMohsin Senior Member • Posts: 1,610

Post card perfect!

FMohsin's gear list:FMohsin's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital II Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EOS 20D Olympus E-1 +22 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads