Winding country road under a canopy of trees

Started 4 months ago | Photos
nordic_shooter Junior Member • Posts: 28
Winding country road under a canopy of trees

A winding country road in the southern province of Skåne in Sweden.

C&C welcome!

nordic_shooter's gear list:nordic_shooter's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon 85mm F1.8G +6 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
1Dx4me Forum Pro • Posts: 10,447
Re: Winding country road under a canopy of trees

this could make a nice image at the right time in Autumn!

-- hide signature --

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

Bueche
Bueche Regular Member • Posts: 353

Looks like one of the roads on Nävlingeåsen, in the area of Kristianstad, where I usually drive. But of course, we have hundreds of similar roads in Skåne. Anyway, it's a beautiful picture (with perhaps a slight bluish tint)!

-- hide signature --

"Making predictions is very hard, especially about the future."
Alfred E. Neuman

Bueche's gear list:Bueche's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon PowerShot A800 Sigma DP2 Merrill Olympus E-400 Pentax K200D +8 more
David1961
David1961 Senior Member • Posts: 3,869

Very nice scene with lots of potential.

I agree with 1Dx4me about autumn being maybe a better time for that scene when the leaves are in full colour.

Or, as is, maybe add some soft rays of sunlight coming through the trees.

Also, the imbalance of the road in the bottom right corner is a little off-putting to my eyes.

Maybe crop the bottom of the image so that the amount of road on the bottom horizontal edge is the same as the amount of road on the vertical right edge?

Or maybe crop the bottom to where the road meets the right vertical edge and turn the image into a panoramic aspect ratio?

Hopefully just some food for thought.

Thank you for sharing

David1961's gear list:David1961's gear list
Canon EOS 90D
MOD rick decker Forum Pro • Posts: 17,294

It is definitely a beautiful picture fall or no fall colors.  The trees on the left really complement it well.  I tried adding a little  contrast and it really sparkles - try it and let us know what you think. If you decide to take out the near left white rectangle, I would clone it first and see if it missing bothers you.  If it does then I would crop it a little so that it is not obvious that it was taken out  given it has equal spacing of the rectangles.

-- hide signature --

You have my express consent to edit any of my images that I post on DPR. If you want to edit an image that does not belong to me that I have edited and posted, you need to contact the owner.
---
http://www.lightreflection.com
http://www.rickswavepics.com

OP nordic_shooter Junior Member • Posts: 28

Bueche wrote:

Looks like one of the roads on Nävlingeåsen, in the area of Kristianstad, where I usually drive. But of course, we have hundreds of similar roads in Skåne. Anyway, it's a beautiful picture (with perhaps a slight bluish tint)!

Thanks! This is west of Sankt Olof.

Sony RX100 II Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon 85mm F1.8G +6 more

David1961 wrote:

Very nice scene with lots of potential.

I agree with 1Dx4me about autumn being maybe a better time for that scene when the leaves are in full colour.

Or, as is, maybe add some soft rays of sunlight coming through the trees.

Also, the imbalance of the road in the bottom right corner is a little off-putting to my eyes.

Maybe crop the bottom of the image so that the amount of road on the bottom horizontal edge is the same as the amount of road on the vertical right edge?

Or maybe crop the bottom to where the road meets the right vertical edge and turn the image into a panoramic aspect ratio?

Hopefully just some food for thought.

Thank you for sharing

Thanks! This was a "spur of the moment" while passing by, so the shot was rather quickly improvised. I agree autumn probably would be beautiful.

rick decker wrote:

It is definitely a beautiful picture fall or no fall colors. The trees on the left really complement it well. I tried adding a little contrast and it really sparkles - try it and let us know what you think. If you decide to take out the near left white rectangle, I would clone it first and see if it missing bothers you. If it does then I would crop it a little so that it is not obvious that it was taken out given it has equal spacing of the rectangles.

Thanks! Not sure if I follow you regarding the road markings? You're welcome to edit the picture if you likeĀ 

Graham Meale
Graham Meale Veteran Member • Posts: 3,253

How's it look with the bottom 20% cropped off?

-- hide signature --
 Graham Meale's gear list:Graham Meale's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +7 more
David1961
David1961 Senior Member • Posts: 3,869

Imo it would look better as I suggested earlier.

David1961's gear list:David1961's gear list
Canon EOS 90D
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads