Video editing?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Terry K1
Terry K1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,420
Video editing?

Hello folks,

I just purchased the Xt4 and a few lenses. I have never tried video, so what would a easy editing software to start with.

Terry

Terry K1's gear list:Terry K1's gear list
Pentax K-1 II Fujifilm X-T4 Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +5 more
Goodglass2 New Member • Posts: 14
Re: Video editing?

The word “easy” is always open to interpretation. If you are an Apple-lista, IMovie has always been a good entry level program.

chromos
chromos Regular Member • Posts: 150

If I could start editing video again, I would skip "easy editing software". If you don't want to be in a beginner's position for the rest of your life, soon you will outgrow it and you will be searching for better software. Try DaVinci Resolve. Learning curve is somewhat steep, but it is worth it. And DaVinci Resolve is free. You can upgrade to full blown 'Studio' version any time in future. There is many tutorials on youtube, even company has their tutorials (with their projects video files).

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/

chromos's gear list:chromos's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-S10 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +13 more
yayatosorus Senior Member • Posts: 1,059

I second Davinci Resolve. https://www.youtube.com/c/JayAreTV/videos This youtube channel has solid tutorials on how to use the edit page.

yayatosorus's gear list:yayatosorus's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
dc_tonk Regular Member • Posts: 430

Terry K1 wrote:

Hello folks,

I just purchased the Xt4 and a few lenses. I have never tried video, so what would a easy editing software to start with.

iMovie -> Final Cut Pro is a reasonable path to take if you have access to Apple hardware. You won’t be “stunted” in this regard, as they operate fairly similarly, and your older iMovie projects can be upgraded to FCP libraries when the time comes to move on.

DaVinci Resolve is also one of the gold standards for video editing, but you can’t really go wrong with either.

Similar to audio DAWs and photo editors, most of the skills you will learn in one NLE will translate to another.

dc_tonk's gear list:dc_tonk's gear list
Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm X-T3 +14 more
Greybeard2017
Greybeard2017 Senior Member • Posts: 1,684

Terry K1 wrote:

Hello folks,

Terry

I'd recommend Luma Fusion (on the iPad)

Greybeard2017's gear list:Greybeard2017's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm X-S10
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads