The Tube Mapper Project

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Lucas A
Lucas A Regular Member • Posts: 210
The Tube Mapper Project
11

Hi guys, I wanted to share that a project I been posting on dpreview and slowly developing over the last few years has now finally become a book.

The Tube Mapper Project: Capturing Moments On The Underground showcases some of my favourite encounters as I slowly attempt to capture moments at every London Underground, Overground and DLR station. Thank you for the feedback over the years and helping me fine tune the project. Here's a few shots

St Paul's

Goodge Street

Gloucester Road

Brockley

Bank

Westminster

Book Information
https://tubemapper.com/london-underground-photography-book/

Thanks for your time

Luke

jaggedhorizon Senior Member • Posts: 2,448
Re: The Tube Mapper Project
3

I've commented before on some of your posted photos. Lots of great compositions and interesting moments captured, supported by an excellent idea. Good luck with the book!

 jaggedhorizon's gear list:jaggedhorizon's gear list
Sony a7R III
1Dx4me Forum Pro • Posts: 10,412
Re: The Tube Mapper Project

nice set, LucasA, but the cat shot is priceless

-- hide signature --

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

Lucas A
OP Lucas A Regular Member • Posts: 210
Re: The Tube Mapper Project

jaggedhorizon wrote:

I've commented before on some of your posted photos. Lots of great compositions and interesting moments captured, supported by an excellent idea. Good luck with the book!

Thanks, its been a great journey so far. It's exciting and scary sharing my work with so many more people!

Lucas A
OP Lucas A Regular Member • Posts: 210
Re: The Tube Mapper Project

1Dx4me wrote:

nice set, LucasA, but the cat shot is priceless

Yeah the cat is a station cat that sometimes greets passengers as they wait for their train.

Lan Senior Member • Posts: 2,454
Re: The Tube Mapper Project

Lucas A wrote:

1Dx4me wrote:

nice set, LucasA, but the cat shot is priceless

Yeah the cat is a station cat that sometimes greets passengers as they wait for their train.

Excellent compositions Lucas; you have an great eye, and your processing is top notch too

I'm wondering whether the cat is merely waiting for the commuting pigeon to arrive?

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/970645486737788928

Free meals on wheels!

Lucas A
OP Lucas A Regular Member • Posts: 210
Re: The Tube Mapper Project
1

Lan wrote:

Lucas A wrote:

1Dx4me wrote:

nice set, LucasA, but the cat shot is priceless

Yeah the cat is a station cat that sometimes greets passengers as they wait for their train.

Excellent compositions Lucas; you have an great eye, and your processing is top notch too

I'm wondering whether the cat is merely waiting for the commuting pigeon to arrive?

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/970645486737788928

Free meals on wheels!

Wow Lan,, you're a mind reader. The funny thing is that on next page in the book is a picture of a commuting pigeon

High Street Kensington

RUcrAZ
RUcrAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 6,643
Re: The Tube Mapper Project

Wishing you success on your project! The samples you displayed shows your excellent eye for design. (The tilted one, however, distracted me from the cat, a bit. It introduced two elements to pay attention two, thus dividing the viewers' focus.) The pigeon is great, especially next to the lower legs of the "other" commuters. I do like the wet look, on several shots, they add that extra sparkle to the pictures.

Lan Senior Member • Posts: 2,454
Re: The Tube Mapper Project

Lucas A wrote:

Lan wrote:

Lucas A wrote:

Yeah the cat is a station cat that sometimes greets passengers as they wait for their train.

Excellent compositions Lucas; you have an great eye, and your processing is top notch too

I'm wondering whether the cat is merely waiting for the commuting pigeon to arrive?

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/970645486737788928

Free meals on wheels!

Wow Lan,, you're a mind reader. The funny thing is that on next page in the book is a picture of a commuting pigeon

High Street Kensington

LOL; that's amazing!

I'm really impressed that you've managed to capture that too

Lucas A
OP Lucas A Regular Member • Posts: 210
Re: The Tube Mapper Project

RUcrAZ wrote:

Wishing you success on your project! The samples you displayed shows your excellent eye for design. (The tilted one, however, distracted me from the cat, a bit. It introduced two elements to pay attention two, thus dividing the viewers' focus.) The pigeon is great, especially next to the lower legs of the "other" commuters. I do like the wet look, on several shots, they add that extra sparkle to the pictures.

Thanks for the feedback. The picture of the cat was a rushed one, as it caught me out and it did not stay still lol. The idea image itself is more powerful then the composition and the quality if you know what I mean. I was very pleased I had something to show from the interaction.
I love the pigeon shot because it is standing with everyone else like it is a regular commuter!

Lucas A
OP Lucas A Regular Member • Posts: 210
Re: The Tube Mapper Project

Lan wrote:

Wow Lan,, you're a mind reader. The funny thing is that on next page in the book is a picture of a commuting pigeon

High Street Kensington

LOL; that's amazing!

I'm really impressed that you've managed to capture that too

Haha, I have a whole collection called animals on the underground. Though most of these are of happy dogs!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads