Help with Nikon D5...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
bevansmsu Regular Member • Posts: 395
Help with Nikon D5...

I bought a used D5 that came with two batteries.  Neither battery came with the white cap (pictured) to cover the contacts when in my bag.  Anyone have one to spare?  Or know where can I buy one?  Appreciate any help.  Really enjoying this camera.

Thanks,

Bennett

bevansmsu's gear list:bevansmsu's gear list
Nikon D6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm F1.4G +1 more
Nikon D5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
JTatyosian Senior Member • Posts: 1,764
Re: Help with Nikon D5...

I wouldn’t worry about it. The cover is more for shipping and because the battery is $150+. The leads are recessed and shouldn’t be a huge deal in your bag or pockets. I’ve never had issues storing mine without these covers.

-- hide signature --
Walter Sudetic Junior Member • Posts: 38

Try "camera battery case" on Amazon

gnet158 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,076

Ebay?

-- hide signature --

I got to get out and shoot more.

gnet158's gear list:gnet158's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D200 Nikon D7100 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition +3 more
nznikon Regular Member • Posts: 127

Not really necessary . . . but here's an option besides the plastic cover:

https://www.thinktankphoto.com/collections/battery-holders

PerfectPoms
PerfectPoms Senior Member • Posts: 2,273

A clear plastic ziploc sandwich bag works well to keep the dirt away from my spare batteries when I throw a bunch of stuff in the bag that I use as a camera bag.  My bag collects a lot of dirt and junk, and I find small zip lock bags also work well for memory cards, and to cover little bottles of hand sanitizer, and wet naps.

-- hide signature --
 PerfectPoms's gear list:PerfectPoms's gear list
Nikon AF-S 180-400mm F4E TC1.4 Nikon D2Hs Nikon D2X Nikon D300 Nikon D4 +19 more
X Ray Forum Member • Posts: 80

I've always carried two extra EN-EL4a batteries without caps, carelessly thrown in my camera backpack for almost a decade. Never an issue. And how could there be? It's extremely unlikely that anything small enough that could actually fit in the protective slots will wind up in anyone's photography bag. It would also have to be conductive and would need to be able to short a positive and a negative terminal. Staples are just about the only common item that could accidentally cause that issue.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads