Sequator alternative on Mac

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
alekt449 Regular Member • Posts: 287
Sequator alternative on Mac

With the introduction of the m1 mac mini I am more and more interested into buying in the apple mac ecosystem. One thing that kept me away is the support of free software for astrophotography such as Sequator. How good are the mac alternatives( Stary Landscape stacker for example) or is there a way to use emulation(like bootcamp) to run Sequator?

Kazmarov Contributing Member • Posts: 813
Re: Sequator alternative on Mac

There may be emulators that function but I found issues with Wine on Catalina & Big Sur even though I run Wine/ Sequator fine on one of my High Sierra devices. Never bothered with DSS on MacOS as the others seem faster.

SLS is quite reasonable now that it accepts the major RAW files so you can preserve linearity that bit longer. I find it functions ok but for me SiriL is more suitable but with slightly more obscure workflow. You will have to work around with a complementing editor for blending night-scapes (Gimp, Photoshop etc.).

I have a Mac ecosystem and have SLS, Starry Sky Stacker as well as SiriL and have drifted towards using SiriL as I start focusing (pun warning) on deep sky.

PS: I don't think bootcamp is an emulator - it is more of a multi-boot shell/ installer.

Kazmarov's gear list:Kazmarov's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D90 Canon EOS 60D Nikon D5500 Nikon D7200 +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads