A walk in the woods

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Optimus Primark
Optimus Primark Forum Member • Posts: 96
A walk in the woods
13

First outings for a while due to having the old virus! A nice cool day today with no rain. All took with the 18-55. Been using the free version of Fuji capture one since dumping LR. Not sure if im a fan as yet. Just good to get out

Looking Down

A little waterfall about 10 mins drive from mine. Tigers clough

See through pool

A tranquil

The path

In full flow

Erik Baumgartner Senior Member • Posts: 3,211
Re: A walk in the woods
7

Optimus Primark wrote:

First outings for a while due to having the old virus! A nice cool day today with no rain. All took with the 18-55. Been using the free version of Fuji capture one since dumping LR. Not sure if im a fan as yet. Just good to get out

Looking Down

A little waterfall about 10 mins drive from mine. Tigers clough

See through pool

A tranquil

The path

In full flow

Nice shots, but you might to consider a change in white balance. There is some significant cool/magenta forest Auto-WB skew going on here.

 Erik Baumgartner's gear list:Erik Baumgartner's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +2 more
MrSee
MrSee Senior Member • Posts: 1,712
Re: A walk in the woods
1

Very nice set.

-- hide signature --

Jim from Ontario Canada
Fuji X-H1
Fuji 18-55 2.8-4

 MrSee's gear list:MrSee's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1
Blue Swan Media
Blue Swan Media Regular Member • Posts: 373
Re: A walk in the woods
2

Very nice shots but waaaaay too magenta.

-- hide signature --

www.blueswanmedia.com

 Blue Swan Media's gear list:Blue Swan Media's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm X-H1 +20 more
Optimus Primark
OP Optimus Primark Forum Member • Posts: 96
Re: A walk in the woods

Will do. Thanks for the input. Probably my dodgy eyes!

-- hide signature --

Fuji XT30
Fuji 18-55 f/2.8~4 XF OIS R
Fuji XF 23mm f2 R WR

Optimus Primark
OP Optimus Primark Forum Member • Posts: 96
Re: A walk in the woods

Thank you. Much appreciated

-- hide signature --

Fuji XT30
Fuji 18-55 f/2.8~4 XF OIS R
Fuji XF 23mm f2 R WR

Optimus Primark
OP Optimus Primark Forum Member • Posts: 96
Re: A walk in the woods

Blue Swan Media wrote:

Very nice shots but waaaaay too magenta.

Yes my dodgy post processing I'm afraid.  Thanks for the info

-- hide signature --

Fuji XT30
Fuji 18-55 f/2.8~4 XF OIS R
Fuji XF 23mm f2 R WR

Samuraidog Contributing Member • Posts: 750
Re: A walk in the woods
2

Erik Baumgartner wrote:

Nice shots, but you might to consider a change in white balance. There is some significant cool/magenta forest Auto-WB skew going on here.

I thought it was done that way on purpose. Kind of looks cool.

 Samuraidog's gear list:Samuraidog's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +9 more
Peregrin8 New Member • Posts: 24
Re: A walk in the woods
1

Nice to get out into the woods and take some photos, one of the most relaxing stress easing activities. Good to hear you have recovered and got some nice shots when you were at it.

I have had difficulty with the fuji auto white balance resulting in purple/magenta representation of browns etc under these conditions with the Fuji XT2 especially when using Velvia, Astia or Provia film simulations. Can be tricky with changing the white balance in camera as it can also result in a green or yellow cast that is a bit more extreme than exists in nature but it does tend to look more realistic. Usually need to play around with the white balance sliders in post or settle on sunny or shade white balance setting.

 Peregrin8's gear list:Peregrin8's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm II
Jerry-astro
Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 16,599
How about a redo?
2

Lovely set of pics.  As others have pointed out, the WB is definitely off.  This should be pretty easy to deal with in post if you still have the RAW files available.  I'd love to see you repost the set with the WB corrected, if you're willing to take the time and effort to do so.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

 Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Optimus Primark
OP Optimus Primark Forum Member • Posts: 96
Re: A walk in the woods

Peregrin8 wrote:

Nice to get out into the woods and take some photos, one of the most relaxing stress easing activities. Good to hear you have recovered and got some nice shots when you were at it.

I have had difficulty with the fuji auto white balance resulting in purple/magenta representation of browns etc under these conditions with the Fuji XT2 especially when using Velvia, Astia or Provia film simulations. Can be tricky with changing the white balance in camera as it can also result in a green or yellow cast that is a bit more extreme than exists in nature but it does tend to look more realistic. Usually need to play around with the white balance sliders in post or settle on sunny or shade white balance setting.

Yes I know what you mean. Just about got used to the camera but white balance never even came into my mind to be honest. I would have tweaked it if i was still using Lightroom but stopped my subscription as not been getting out that much, So thought i would try The free Fuji capture one. I'll have a look again soon and try and master it. Thanks for dropping by 🙂

-- hide signature --

Fuji XT30
Fuji 18-55 f/2.8~4 XF OIS R
Fuji XF 23mm f2 R WR

Optimus Primark
OP Optimus Primark Forum Member • Posts: 96
Re: How about a redo?

Jerry-astro wrote:

Lovely set of pics. As others have pointed out, the WB is definitely off. This should be pretty easy to deal with in post if you still have the RAW files available. I'd love to see you repost the set with the WB corrected, if you're willing to take the time and effort to do so.

Hi Jerry. Yes i would be willing to redo them for sure as always shoot Raw and Jpeg. Will look at them this week. One interesting thing i noticed with the files is that the jpegs were not as blown (Highlights) than the Raw files. Nothing to do with the subject but never noticed this before.  Maybe its Capture one? Thanks for the input 🙂
Fuji XT30
Fuji 18-55 f/2.8~4 XF OIS R
Fuji XF 23mm f2 R WR

surfoxy
surfoxy Regular Member • Posts: 489
Re: A walk in the woods
1

Samuraidog wrote:

Erik Baumgartner wrote:

Nice shots, but you might to consider a change in white balance. There is some significant cool/magenta forest Auto-WB skew going on here.

I thought it was done that way on purpose. Kind of looks cool.

Yeah, there is real beauty in the depth of color in the leaves.

-- hide signature --

Chris

 surfoxy's gear list:surfoxy's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads