Started 4 months ago | Discussions
softmarmotte
softmarmotte Senior Member • Posts: 2,141
the belgian coast

2 contrasting images

1) 'busy' and 'cramped'

2) 'minimalist' and 'pano

-- hide signature --

anyone is welcome to do anything they want with my images except sell them for profit
https://www.flickr.com/photos/softmarmotte/

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +9 more
MrSee
MrSee Senior Member • Posts: 1,722
Re: the belgian coast

2!

-- hide signature --

Jim from Ontario Canada
Fuji X-H1
Fuji 18-55 2.8-4

MrSee's gear list:MrSee's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1
Gman58 Senior Member • Posts: 2,569

Nice juxtaposition of images. I really like them too. The first has a lot of history and culture summed up in a single shot, and the minimalism and space is nice in the second. They are unique.

Gary

Gman58's gear list:Gman58's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax KP Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +3 more
1Dx4me Forum Pro • Posts: 10,447

i like the 1st shot, there is a lot to look at! nice shot.

-- hide signature --

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

Lan Senior Member • Posts: 2,475

As you say, there's a big contrast there. I far prefer the first one though, but I'm a sicker for ecclesiastical architecture 🙂 As a matter of interest, where was it taken?

softmarmotte
OP softmarmotte Senior Member • Posts: 2,141

Lan wrote:

As you say, there's a big contrast there. I far prefer the first one though, but I'm a sicker for ecclesiastical architecture 🙂 As a matter of interest, where was it taken?

Yes I like a good church too. Trying to photo my way round Flemish churches...

It is Oostende (Ostend) Cathedral take from the zeedijk (promenade) just in front of the ferry terminal/harbour. Very photogenic town Oostende. Well worth a visit

-- hide signature --

anyone is welcome to do anything they want with my images except sell them for profit

Sony RX100 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +9 more
RUcrAZ
RUcrAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 6,657

I like the "look" of your first picture. Can you please describe any Post-processing you did (if any) on it?

softmarmotte
OP softmarmotte Senior Member • Posts: 2,141

RUcrAZ wrote:

I like the "look" of your first picture. Can you please describe any Post-processing you did (if any) on it?

Thanks. I have been trying to develop a 'style' since getting (back) into photography a few years ago. What I have discovered thanks to some lovely folk on the Olympus SLR forum is that each 'set' requires an idea of what you are trying to show. I assess the day, light, scenes each time i arrive at a 'shoot' and aim for something (different)

These 2 are part of a bigger set on my flickr, where I was trying to get a seasidy feel through the compositions and the blueness of the day. It was very calm for November and very unexpected

I only shoot in RAW and for this one exposed half way fro the sky and cathedral. NOrmally I would shoot a 3 pic bracket at .7 but thought i could get away with one shot

PP is in LR with :

+16 contrast

+4 texture and clarity

+8 dehaze to get a bit of sky contrast

+14 vibrance

-10 highlights (for sky)

+5 lights

+8 darks

-8 shadows

+10 blue saturation

-11 blue luminance

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads