Z6 snd STC 6 stop filter question

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
keano12
keano12 Regular Member • Posts: 466
Z6 snd STC 6 stop filter question

I know in the Sony mirrorless you can change a setting to focus avoiding the dark filter. Can the same be done on the Z6?

thanks

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Ernie Misner
Ernie Misner Veteran Member • Posts: 7,427
Re: Z6 snd STC 6 stop filter question

keano12 wrote:

I know in the Sony mirrorless you can change a setting to focus avoiding the dark filter. Can the same be done on the Z6?

Do you mean that on the Sony, you can change a setting in the menu that will allow for better focusing in spite of having a dark ND filter on? If so, I think the Low Light setting on a Z6 would aid in focusing with a dark filter.

I have also found that focus peaking works good on a Z6 with a dark filter on which involves manual focusing.

thanks

-- hide signature --

Ernie Misner
http://www.flickr.com/photos/erniemisner/
The first digital image was made in the late '60's for NASA, as a way to record images of Mars. Each "square" was represented by three numbers, corresponding to the red, green, and blue hue on a scale of 0 to 255. This eliminated the need to ship film back to Earth.

Ernie Misner's gear list:Ernie Misner's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads