A weekend X-T4 test drive

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
MonkeyClaw Junior Member • Posts: 48
A weekend X-T4 test drive

So I got the X-T4 and the 16-80 from Fuji for a free trial over the weekend. Generally a real pleasure to shoot with, despite pretty flat grey skies...

Images are a bit cliched but I want to see what the depth-of-field was like on an APS-C sensor and an f4 lens. Much better than I expected, but that's mainly because I don't know much about cameras!

MrSee
MrSee Senior Member • Posts: 1,712
Re: A weekend X-T4 test drive

Nice set especially #3

-- hide signature --

Jim from Ontario Canada
Fuji X-H1
Fuji 18-55 2.8-4

MrSee's gear list:MrSee's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1
JayPhizzt Senior Member • Posts: 1,840

MonkeyClaw wrote:

Images are a bit cliched but I want to see what the depth-of-field was like on an APS-C sensor and an f4 lens. Much better than I expected, but that's mainly because I don't know much about cameras!

The depth of field is also determined by distance and focal length, so the aperture alone doesn't dictate how shallow the depth of field will become.

You can get an extremely shallow depth of field with APS-C as well, the difference is that you won't have as many options available to do so compared to a larger sensor.

JayPhizzt's gear list:JayPhizzt's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 Macro +1 more
yayatosorus Senior Member • Posts: 1,058

Very nice pictures.

I don't know if it's just me, but I find the Fuji Auto white balance to often be steering towards purple/magenta when the frame is largely populated with green or shades of green.

I understand this is quite a subjective matter, nonetheless I recommend sticking with the daylight WB preset when shooting outdoors, as it fixes that purple cast.

Cheers

yayatosorus's gear list:yayatosorus's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
Samuraidog Contributing Member • Posts: 750

Nice.

How does one get a free trial on a camera and lens from Fuji?

I'd love to give the X-T4 a test drive.

Samuraidog's gear list:Samuraidog's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +9 more
OP MonkeyClaw Junior Member • Posts: 48

https://fujifilm-x.com/en-gb/products/cameras/x-t4/

There's a "Try It Now" button at the bottom. It might be UK only though.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads