FTZ

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
madecov
madecov Veteran Member • Posts: 6,196
FTZ

Anyone who has purchased a second or third FTZ. Where are you getting them and what's the going rate. It seems they're pretty expensive on Flebay.

Adorama has open box that have full warranty but it seems to me used or open box should be considerably less costly

-- hide signature --

Police Officer (Retired)
No plan survives first contact with the enemy.

madecov's gear list:madecov's gear list
Nikon 1 V3 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +20 more
Tin WS New Member • Posts: 9
Re: FTZ

madecov wrote:

Anyone who has purchased a second or third FTZ. Where are you getting them and what's the going rate. It seems they're pretty expensive on Flebay.

Adorama has open box that have full warranty but it seems to me used or open box should be considerably less costly

I got one via DELL when on sale new for $179. Also get one new Canadian version, part of a bundle owner who does not need it, via eBay for $159, but that one is stucked to one of my F lens due to an assumed broken pin in the release button toward the F mount

Ernie Misner
Ernie Misner Veteran Member • Posts: 7,208

madecov wrote:

I have seen them for $49 as part of a bundle, but of course you would have to be purchasing the camera body at the same time.

-- hide signature --

Ernie Misner
http://www.flickr.com/photos/erniemisner/
The first digital image was made in the late '60's for NASA, as a way to record images of Mars. Each "square" was represented by three numbers, corresponding to the red, green, and blue hue on a scale of 0 to 255. This eliminated the need to ship film back to Earth.

Ernie Misner's gear list:Ernie Misner's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +6 more
Leonard Shepherd
Leonard Shepherd Forum Pro • Posts: 20,833

If someone wants a kit including FTZ where the price differential is around £50, the retailer can offer a discount of perhaps £100 to keep the FTZ, and then sell as a "white box" item new at around £150.

This cannot easily be done with.

The Canon FTZ equivalent UK street price (including 20% sales tax) is around £119, compared to around £259 for the Nikon FTZ.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
In lots of ways good photography is much more about how equipment is used rather than anything else.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon Z7 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +28 more
madecov
OP madecov Veteran Member • Posts: 6,196

Probably will order an open box (full warranty) from Adorama

-- hide signature --

Police Officer (Retired)

Nikon 1 V3 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +20 more
abhisheks77 Regular Member • Posts: 416

You can buy a used one. There are some available in fredmiranda for around $150, like new.

Users who bought Z camera, they would have get FTZ in $49. And in Canada, few dealers will giving it for free with Z6 and Z7. So they may sell if they don’t need it,especially if they are going for full Z mount.

abhisheks77's gear list:abhisheks77's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro
goldaccess Regular Member • Posts: 163

I've got three FTZ because my dealer gave me a discount (not that much but nevertheless).

What I would be quite interested in is a Nikon conversion service for bolting a Z mount onto some of my lenses. I'd first do this with my 500 5.6 PF and the 105 1.4 without a second of thinking.

The 105 Micro might be the next - although I really hope the 105 Z comes quite early.

goldaccess's gear list:goldaccess's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF Nikon D850 Nikon D4 +17 more
gnet158 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,071

I picked up mine on the FM forum this past May for $100.  IDK if it was at the right time but for some reason they are now in the $150 range.

-- hide signature --

I got to get out and shoot more.

gnet158's gear list:gnet158's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7100 Nikon Z6 Nikon D3 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +3 more
bolthead
bolthead Regular Member • Posts: 134

gnet158 wrote:

I picked up mine on the FM forum this past May for $100. IDK if it was at the right time but for some reason they are now in the $150 range.

FM forum?

bolthead's gear list:bolthead's gear list
Nikon D5200 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED +5 more
Digital Shutterbug Veteran Member • Posts: 5,188

bolthead wrote:

gnet158 wrote:

I picked up mine on the FM forum this past May for $100. IDK if it was at the right time but for some reason they are now in the $150 range.

FM forum?

Fred Miranda

-- hide signature --

Steve

bolthead

Digital Shutterbug wrote:

bolthead wrote:

gnet158 wrote:

FM forum?

Fred Miranda

I must've tried 15 different user names to register.....every one is taken, I highly doubt that.....what a joke.

Nikon D5200 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED +5 more

bolthead wrote:

bolthead wrote:

gnet158 wrote:

FM forum?

Fred Miranda

I must've tried 15 different user names to register.....every one is taken, I highly doubt that.....what a joke.

May be some glitch, you can try after sometime. And you will need a paid membership, to post in "Buy and Sell" Forum

Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro
bolthead

abhisheks77 wrote:

bolthead wrote:

bolthead wrote:

gnet158 wrote:

FM forum?

Fred Miranda

May be some glitch, you can try after sometime. And you will need a paid membership, to post in "Buy and Sell" Forum

how much?

madecov

abhisheks77 wrote:

With having to pay to post, unless the savings are substantial, it's almost going to cost the same as a demo unit from Adorama with full warranty.

-- hide signature --

Police Officer (Retired)

I notice that most of the users there, do regular buy and sell. So it is beneficial for them probably, instead of a one time user.

Otherwise, if you have a known person who is member there and can (only) interact on your behalf, though payment and delivery with be with you only.

Digital Shutterbug Veteran Member • Posts: 5,188

bolthead wrote:

bolthead wrote:

gnet158 wrote:

FM forum?

Fred Miranda

It's a highly regarded site. As someone else suggested, they may be having problems.

-- hide signature --

Steve

madecov

Adorama he a few more open box units. Ordered one with full warranty

-- hide signature --

Police Officer (Retired)

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads