Any Upcoming Sales on D7500?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Eagle11 New Member • Posts: 15
Any Upcoming Sales on D7500?

It has been a while since I posted here.

I'm looking to upgrade from a D7100 to a D7500 for the better metering and the ability to use Snapbridge to geotag my photos with an iPhone.  I like to get lost on country roads and if I don't have GPS info in the photo I will never find my back to some locations.

I haven't noticed any Black Friday sales or activity on the D7500 body only, but lots of sales on Nikon's Zx models.

Does anyone have any insight into whether the D7500 will go on sale this holiday season or is Nikon mainly pushing mirrorless cameras now?

Nikon D7100 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
harry Veteran Member • Posts: 3,406
Re: Any Upcoming Sales on D7500?

I have been on the fence for a while, between DSLR and Z. I currently own a good selection of Nikon 1 bodies and lenses (1 & F mount via FT-1), but inching for a bigger sensor with more features. A while ago when there seemed to be unlimited refurbished D7500 bodies around, I saw price as low as $599 from Adorama or BHPhotovideo. Now the lowest such bodies are for $699.

Just a few days ago, I saw an eBay offer of a barely used D7509 body with a few extras thrown in and jumped in and grabbed it for $650 (+ shipping/tax). The package arrived in three days and D7500 proved to be just as expected, a very competent camera. Highly recommended. Here are a few test shots I did on the following day after I received it.

-- hide signature --

HLL7575

harry's gear list:harry's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW110 Casio Exilim EX-ZR800 Nikon Coolpix A1000 Nikon D50 Nikon 1 V1 +12 more
bluzman
bluzman Contributing Member • Posts: 911

Bought mine in September 2019 as a USED item from B&H for $599 with a shutter count of 150. Just checked some of my usual sources.

Neither Adorama or KEH had any in stock. B&H had an Open Box with full Nikon warranty for $778. NikonUSA website had Refurbished D7500 listed at $798. Amazon is showing an Amazon Renewed body for $699.

bluzman's gear list:bluzman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Nikon D750 Nikon D7500 Nikon Z50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 +18 more
CMCM Senior Member • Posts: 5,893

I'd been hoping to see a couple of Nikon sales like I saw on Black Friday last year, but it seems like all Nikon's sales this time relate to the Z mirrorless cameras and lenses, which don't interest me.  

CMCM's gear list:CMCM's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Nikon D500 Canon G7 X II Nikon Coolpix P950 Nikon D700 +18 more
OP Eagle11 New Member • Posts: 15

I just noticed B&H and Best Buy both dropped the price on the body only by $100.  I have no idea how Nikon works their sales between now and New Years, but this might be as good as it gets so I ordered one.

stonesfan Regular Member • Posts: 302

Eagle11 wrote:

I just noticed B&H and Best Buy both dropped the price on the body only by $100. I have no idea how Nikon works their sales between now and New Years, but this might be as good as it gets so I ordered one.

Well all I'm saying is that if I see a D7500 at lower price at John Lewis, mine is going straight back to them under 28 day return policy for a refund. And I'm gonna buy it back straight away at the lower price!!!!

All legal.....providing your item is unmarked with all the packaging etc.

Sadly....its usually the case that excellent quality, highly rated products rarely see much discount or any at all.

stonesfan's gear list:stonesfan's gear list
Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR
OP Eagle11 New Member • Posts: 15

Something else I discovered. During this Black Friday week, Best Buy stopped all competitor price matching - even with themselves and even with products bought outside of this time period.

CMCM Senior Member • Posts: 5,893

Eagle11 wrote:

I just noticed B&H and Best Buy both dropped the price on the body only by $100. I have no idea how Nikon works their sales between now and New Years, but this might be as good as it gets so I ordered one.

It's hard to know what any of them are up to. Two years ago Nikon did a Black Friday sale on the 200-500 lens with $200 off ($1196). I've been waiting for that to happen again but I haven't seen that price again at all, and it doesn't look like it's happening this year. Whether it happens at Christmas, it's hard to know. All the 200-500 lenses seem to be out of stock right now and I don't know if Nikon is manufacturing them very fast right now, or if when back in stock they will at least have a $100 reduction in December. I'll wait and see.

Nikon had a great sale on new D7500's in 2019 (something like $795 new if I'm remembering correctly), but prices went back up after that. That was actually the biggest price drop I've seen Nikon do, usually it's something like $100 or so on whatever the item.

Two years ago it seemed the very best sales were the Black Friday period. There were a few other sales around Christmas, but it seemed like the price drops weren't as good as Black Friday.

Two years ago I got a really great discount on Sigma's 100-400 before Christmas, and it was a lot cheaper than full price and it also included a dock and UV filter, yet the other lens I was considering (Tamron's 100-400) never got discounted at all until after January 1.

I'm not sure if any of us can predict anything this year as everything is so upside down.

CMCM's gear list:CMCM's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Nikon D500 Canon G7 X II Nikon Coolpix P950 Nikon D700 +18 more
stonesfan Regular Member • Posts: 302

Eagle11 wrote:

Something else I discovered. During this Black Friday week, Best Buy stopped all competitor price matching - even with themselves and even with products bought outside of this time period.

To be honest the whole thing is a bit of a gimmick imo. It's like these 'closing down sales'. Anything of any real value is usually bought off en masse by a sister company leaving all the tat for the likes of me and you to forage over.

Still not seen a single D7500 with any kind of reduction.

stonesfan's gear list:stonesfan's gear list
Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR
harry Veteran Member • Posts: 3,406

I had a few more tests on the almost new D7500 I bought recently from eBay $650+tax/shipping.  So far, I think it’s a good choice for my shooting style - not heavy duty, birding occasionally, mainly sightseeing pics.  The sensor IQ has been much better than I thought from countless YouTube reviews.  I didn’t acquire any new lenses, just recycle my existing ones:  50mm F1.8 D, 18-70mm AF F3.5-4.5, 70-300mm AF-P, 100-400mm (Sigma), and 70-200mm AF F4.  Because of D7500’s excellent high ISO performance, whether a lens has VR became less of issue for me.  All my “old” lenses work flawlessly with D7500.

The control buttons are all laid out conveniently to allow quick change of settings, which is critical and NOT frustrating to capture rare moments of photo ops.

-- hide signature --

HLL7575

harry's gear list:harry's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW110 Casio Exilim EX-ZR800 Nikon Coolpix A1000 Nikon D50 Nikon 1 V1 +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads