Epson Printer Settings.

Started 5 months ago | Questions
Fotocorn
Fotocorn Regular Member • Posts: 187
Epson Printer Settings.

No text.

Fotocorn's gear list:Fotocorn's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Nikon D7000 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Howard Moftich Veteran Member • Posts: 9,961
Re: Epson Printer Settings.

Yes, definitely

-- hide signature --

Online civility: Before you press 'Post', ask yourself if you'd say that to someone face to face.

Fotocorn
OP Fotocorn Regular Member • Posts: 187

Hi, Pressed the enter key to change to message and sent message without text. AGAIN!!

I have an Epson R3000. Some time ago I had a problem and it was solved by the advice from "hatstead

At the time I managed to follow his advice and solved my problem.

I now want to follow the instructions again

It requires that I access the printer from the Epson Printer on the task bar.

(I have three EPSON printers, but no icon on my task bar.)

I am then instructed to access Printer settings>Properties>and check "colour"

and under "More Options" > Colour Correction >Automatic.

If I open the print program through Elements 2018

Create>Photo Prints>Local Printer>Select Printer ( I select L1350 )>Change settings> advanced Settings. The instructions work, but if I select the R3000, they do not.

I get the the L3150 Properties Menu>More Options> Color Correction>Automatic

If instead of choosing The L1350, I choose the R3000and I change to Create>Photo Prints>Local Printer>Select Printer ( I now select R3000 )>Change settings> advanced Settings, I now no longer get .....More Options" > Color Correction >Automatic.

In the more options menu I now get an option for Color Management which includes Elements managers color, which I select and then I get a reminder to disable color management in the printer preferences and a link to the preferences which give s the menu below and I select Mode;(J)  off(no color adjustment.

R3000

Having selected the Color adjustment mode as being Off ( No color adjustment ) do I still need to select     Color Correction . Automatic?  If so where do I find it in the R3000 setup?

Also, how do I install a shortcut to the Epson R3000 on the Task bar?

I apologize for being so long winded.

Panasonic LX100 Nikon D7000 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +3 more
Charles2
Charles2 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,503

how do I install a shortcut to the Epson R3000 on the Task bar?

The icon might be in the system tray. You get to the system tray by clicking on ^ at the right side of the taskbar. If the icon is there, you can drag it to the taskbar proper if you wish.

Another way to get to the printer is to open Printers, sometimes labeled Devices and Printers, from the Windows Start menu. Right-click for a popup menu, click on Printing Preferences.

Fotocorn

Hi Charles,

I have looked in the tray, no icon!

I have gone ;

Control Panel > Devices and Printers >Printer Properties > color management

I have then clicked the box with "Color Management"

In the new window I have;

Devices > selected    R3000   from drop down window

The box labeled "Profile Selection" is greyed out

but its content is  :  "Automatic  recommended" which I guess means that choice is not available.

But does it mean" Automatic is the only selection and it has been selected"?

or does it mean " this field is not applicable and Automatic has not been selected"?

I would like to install the R3000 printer icon on my  Task Bar, any suggestions?

Charles2

Per the screenshot below, I go to the table of printers, then right-click on the printer of interest, a Sure Color P800 in my case. Then click on Printing Preferences for the full printer driver dialog. My setup might not match yours.

Gesture Veteran Member • Posts: 7,824

It seems like the R3000 settings will work as you've shown.

The real question is: do you want Printer Manages Color or Application Manages Color, which Photoshop Elements supports.

If you are printing with OEM (Epson) ink on OEM (Epson) paper, there is no advantage in selecting Application Manages Color, unless you have a custom ICC Profile you want to use.

If you are printing with non-OEM inks, non-Epson paper or have had a custom ICC profile made (as just noted), then you want Application Manages Color.

On the Mac, when you select Application Manages Color, Printer Manages Color (Automatic) is off and vice versa.  Mac OSX automatically handles this.

On the PC, if you select Application Manages Color, then you need to select No Color Management in the driver, as you found.

Fotocorn

Hi,

As far as I'm concerned colour is spelt as "colour", color seems to be the accepted norm, but I don't know why, but as of now, I accept defeat!

My understanding is that, if the Printer manages colour it uses the Epson profile for EPSON for Epson Paper with Epson ink, and this is this based on the Printer ICC  for that combination.

How does it know that I am using Epson K3 ink, I may be using some other grade of Epson Ink or even an Epson dye rather than pigmented ink?

Charles2

Fotocorn wrote:

As far as I'm concerned colour is spelt as "colour", color seems to be the accepted norm, but I don't know why, but as of now, I accept defeat!

One spelling is accepted in the U.S., the other in the U.K. But, as Monty Python said, you colonies pinched our language, and you've never paid royalties.

It doesn't.

If you are using other than the OEM ink matched to the printer, many would have a custom ICC profile and have Application Manage Color.

Fotocorn

Hi Gesture,

Now I am really lost!!

What is "Application Manage Color". Is this on the same menu as Elements Manages Color?

Yes.

I would download a known target and try out the settings.

I use Photoshop Elements myself.

Consider this plug-in:

https://elementsplus.net/

It will give you a Curves function; Soft Proofing and lots more.

Fotocorn

Thanks Gesture,

I bought Elements+ as soon as it came out.

I corresponded with Andre Doubrovski, the author of the program, on the Elements/Adobe Community forum, trying to sort out how to do the soft-proofing exercise.

I am neither a Photoshop nor a computer fundi, so most of his instructions went right over my head. Unfortunately I have yet to achieve a decent result.

I have always felt that maybe the ability to easily and quickly soft-proof an image was a good reason to convert from Elements to Photoshop. However, I am 80 and I doubt my ability to relearn photo processing.

I would really appreciate your giving me a "blow by blow" account of the steps you use to soft-proof in Elements+.

Charles2
Epson Print Layout

You might find the easiest way to print is through Epson Print Layout, a free program. You can forget completely about printing out of Elements. Just save a .tif file. Then open it in Epson Print Layout. The program is the simplest way to get a good print I know. And you can preview what will be the result, which amounts to soft proofing.

https://www.epson.eu/apps-software/epson-print-layout

Also, Epson has a 7-part series of short videos on the program, if you like video tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJGBlcEqdmSJUK17V8iqY3A

Fotocorn
Re: Epson Print Layout

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the information.

I am always keen to try anything that makes my life easier.

I will download the program and watch the videos.

Thank you

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads