Big Sur is out

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 22,267
Big Sur is out

Just installed it coming from Catalina. No major issues so far. LR10, PS22, DPP 14.12.70, Latest Topaz AI Sharpen and DeNoise, Affinity 1.8.6, Photomatix Pro 6.2 and DXO PL3, (I currently don't use DXO) all opened. Safari updated to 14.01 as well. All Apps open faster.

-- hide signature --

A wonderful conclusion.

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM +1 more
OP Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 22,267
Re: Big Sur is out

Just found out BIg Sur can use APFS for Time Machine. I reformatted my External Drive and did a whole new backup which took less than an hr. I’ve never seen a complete backup that fast.

-- hide signature --

A wonderful conclusion.

Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM +1 more
j3ffw
j3ffw Regular Member • Posts: 220

I’m curious to hear how it works when the computer isn’t connected to the internet for a couple of days/weeks? The spyware (yes I’ll use that term) sounds horrible.  But more importantly I don’t like my workstation connected to the internet, both for safety as well as keeping me away from the forums.  And I know that if adobe didn’t phone home once in a while the programs got real finicky.

-- hide signature --

My Architectural Photography Portfolio
http://www.jeffwolfram.com

OP Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 22,267

j3ffw wrote:

I’m curious to hear how it works when the computer isn’t connected to the internet for a couple of days/weeks? The spyware (yes I’ll use that term) sounds horrible. But more importantly I don’t like my workstation connected to the internet, both for safety as well as keeping me away from the forums. And I know that if adobe didn’t phone home once in a while the programs got real finicky.

If you pay monthly you can go for 30 days without a connection. If you pay annually 100 days. If you make arrangements with Adobe I’m sure you can get more.

-- hide signature --

My Architectural Photography Portfolio
http://www.jeffwolfram.com

-- hide signature --

A wonderful conclusion.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads