Some pics from Kodak DC290

Started 4 months ago | Photos
sunnydayz Regular Member • Posts: 102
Some pics from Kodak DC290

I found one of my old 96MB compact flash cards with some pictures I took in 2002. I have to say the Kodak DC290 has some nice color rendition. I still have my DC290 (bought new in 2000 for a whopping $900) and will have to take it out for some photo therapy session sometime.

The glass art work is by Dale Chihuly, an American glass art sculptor.

I thought I'd share some of those pics here.

Enjoy!

sunnydayz's gear list:sunnydayz's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm X100T Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus PEN-F +14 more
chiue
chiue Veteran Member • Posts: 9,714
Re: Some pics from Kodak DC290

Wow, those were amazing shots from the DC290. Kodak is all about Colors.

-- hide signature --

chiue -
Nikon D5000 / Sony A6000/A6100
Kodak P880 DX7590 Z915 DX6440 V803 M420 C190 C875 ZX3
Kodak PixPro AZ652

chiue's gear list:chiue's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C875 Kodak DX6440 Kodak DX7590 Kodak EasyShare P880 Kodak EasyShare V803 +6 more
Hike Pics
Hike Pics Senior Member • Posts: 2,014

I remember reading from many DC290 users back in the day, how pleased they were with the camera. And there is no wonder, it predates the "Kodak Color Science" but they were probably on to that before the term was featured. Very nice color and about as sharp a lens as you could ask for back then.

Looking at some of the glass pieces, It's a wonder some didn't break getting them into the garden.

-- hide signature --

...Wes...

Hike Pics's gear list:Hike Pics's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Canon PowerShot G6 Canon PowerShot Pro1 Fujifilm FinePix E900 Zoom Kodak EasyShare P712 +18 more
OP sunnydayz Regular Member • Posts: 102

chiue wrote:

Wow, those were amazing shots from the DC290. Kodak is all about Colors.

Yeah, agreed. When the DC290 was released it was a "top of the line" consumer product. From what I recall most reviews at the time mention impressive color accuracy and good low noise images. Also the ability to have raw (tiff) + jpeg was a welcome option.

Sony RX100 Fujifilm X100T Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus PEN-F +14 more
OP sunnydayz Regular Member • Posts: 102

Hike Pics wrote:

I remember reading from many DC290 users back in the day, how pleased they were with the camera. And there is no wonder, it predates the "Kodak Color Science" but they were probably on to that before the term was featured. Very nice color and about as sharp a lens as you could ask for back then.

Looking at some of the glass pieces, It's a wonder some didn't break getting them into the garden.

I think Dale Chihuly was doing national shows at the time, I would guess the hired crew were very careful moving and setting up his pieces.

Here's an article from American Photo (2000) about the DC290. Interesting read.

American Photo (2000) article DC290

The Point and Shoot Pro
The Point and Shoot Pro Senior Member • Posts: 1,030

Cool images, the only thing I can say about them is the flash from the 290 is extremely harsh, same with my 220.  Nature of the beast.

The Point and Shoot Pro's gear list:The Point and Shoot Pro's gear list
Canon PowerShot A570 IS Kodak DC220 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple iPhone 11 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads