The High Plains

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
BirdNPath Forum Member • Posts: 98
The High Plains
7

South Dakota is a beautiful place.

lewiedude2
lewiedude2 Senior Member • Posts: 2,041
Your High Plains

Your imagery is beginning to remind me of exposing color transparencies with my Holga back in the 90’s. You never know what your are going to get. The green sky is an interesting interpretation on your part. Must still be channeling asparagus.

 lewiedude2's gear list:lewiedude2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
KENTGA Veteran Member • Posts: 7,001
Re: Your High Plains

Never been to South Dakota but did drive from NE Utah to Jackson WY several years ago and went across several high plains and it reminded me of the Clint Eastwood movie.

Nice photos.

Kent

 KENTGA's gear list:KENTGA's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +15 more
OP BirdNPath Forum Member • Posts: 98
Re: Your High Plains

KENTGA wrote:

Never been to South Dakota but did drive from NE Utah to Jackson WY several years ago and went across several high plains and it reminded me of the Clint Eastwood movie.

Nice photos.

Kent

Thank you Kent.!! Utah and Wyoming are amazing states as well.

Gman58 Senior Member • Posts: 2,569
Re: The High Plains

I love #2. Nice lines and negative space ( I think that's the correct term). And congrats, I think #'s 3&4 may take the over-cooking prize this year

 Gman58's gear list:Gman58's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax KP Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +3 more
OP BirdNPath Forum Member • Posts: 98
Re: The High Plains

Gman58 wrote:

I love #2. Nice lines and negative space ( I think that's the correct term). And congrats, I think #'s 3&4 may take the over-cooking prize this year

Thanks Gman.!!  #3 is not all that bad really. The Black Hills are showing blue. I love that picture.

RUcrAZ
RUcrAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 6,660
Re: The High Plains

Hi, I've been through SD several times, enjoyed the Black Hills, even Sturgis at the Harley jamboree. I like your shots (used to have a Canon SX10is !) and the crop at (about) 16x9 adds to the effect of the scenery. (Do try and level the pictures, however, it's so easy to do post-processing.)

OP BirdNPath Forum Member • Posts: 98
Re: The High Plains

RUcrAZ wrote:

Hi, I've been through SD several times, enjoyed the Black Hills, even Sturgis at the Harley jamboree. I like your shots (used to have a Canon SX10is !) and the crop at (about) 16x9 adds to the effect of the scenery. (Do try and level the pictures, however, it's so easy to do post-processing.)

Thank you so much RU. I often level the horizon but not always.

ken_in_nh Senior Member • Posts: 1,193
Re: The High Plains

Nice job of capturing the beauty of places most people overlook.  I think the plains have a bad reputation because most people only see them from an interstate highway.  Get off the highway on the backroads!

I could do a whole discussion of places I've seen where the view from the back roads is totally different than the one from the highways, but that would be hijacking your thread, so I'll resist.

MrSee
MrSee Senior Member • Posts: 1,728
Re: The High Plains

Great colours

-- hide signature --

Jim from Ontario Canada
Fuji X-H1
Fuji 18-55 2.8-4

 MrSee's gear list:MrSee's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1
OP BirdNPath Forum Member • Posts: 98
Re: The High Plains

ken_in_nh wrote:

Nice job of capturing the beauty of places most people overlook. I think the plains have a bad reputation because most people only see them from an interstate highway. Get off the highway on the backroads!

I could do a whole discussion of places I've seen where the view from the back roads is totally different than the one from the highways, but that would be hijacking your thread, so I'll resist.

Excellent post. You are so right. These pictures depict what I love. I have spent a lot of time just absorbing the wide open spaces on the high plains of the USA. When I get back to town people say....What's there, adding, a whole lot of nothing. How wrong they are. Thank you for this post. Spot on.

OP BirdNPath Forum Member • Posts: 98
Re: The High Plains

MrSee wrote:

Great colours

Thank you MrSee. I love your screen name.!!

1Dx4me Forum Pro • Posts: 10,496
Re: The High Plains

the last shot is my pick!

-- hide signature --

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads