P600 media question

Started 11 months ago | Questions
MikeRizzo Regular Member • Posts: 273
P600 media question

I'd like to run transparency film through my Epson, making screen printing film positives.  I'm not finding that media listed in the print driver.  It has many types of media listed, but not any clear film choices.  Is that something I need to download and add to the driver?  Thanks for any help.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix P600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Howard Moftich Veteran Member • Posts: 9,986
Re: P600 media question

You can't add new media types, those are defined in the printer.

My hunch would be start w/ a similar weight glossy RC-ish paper and experiment from there.  I'd guess you'll find something that gets you into the ballpark.

-- hide signature --

Online civility: Before you press 'Post', ask yourself if you'd say that to someone face to face.

FRGorga Contributing Member • Posts: 970

Ask the manufacture of the transparency film what they recommend.

I use Pictorico OHP for digital negatives and use the "Ultra Premium Matte" media type on my P800 (and on my 3880 before that).

I don't remember how I decided on that as it was years ago, but it works well for my purposes.

Regards,

-- hide signature --
OP MikeRizzo Regular Member • Posts: 273

Thanks for the suggestions.  My understanding is the the printer needs to know the media is clear and won't be getting a white paper refection to sense it.

FRGorga Contributing Member • Posts: 970

Maybe the P600 is different, but I have printed many dozens of negatives on OHP using the 3880, the P800, an old 1430 and a few random office type inkjet printers over the years and none has ever had trouble sensing the sheet of material.

-- hide signature --

Ok thanks, I'll just have to experiment I guess.

Stan Disbrow Veteran Member • Posts: 5,515

Hi,

I do this on a daily basis. But not with the Epson inks. I bought a new printer and a 3rd party ink set with their software and all inks in the printer are black. And, it prints on their film so all is excellent.

Well, I say new, but this was years ago now.

Before that, I used a laser printer with a 3rd party toner and an enhancement chemical in an additional unit. That worked as well, but the converted inkjet is superior.

I have not found a film and a recommendation for an Epson media type that worked out with the Epson inks. Hence the decision to buy a new printer and convert it.

So when the Epson printer used for this bites the dust, I will do so again. If that was today, it'd be a P700. If I could source one, but that is a different conversation....

Stan

-- hide signature --

Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
Once you start down the DSLR path, forever will it dominate your destiny! Consume
your bank account, it will! Like mine, it did!

Stan Disbrow's gear list:Stan Disbrow's gear list
Kodak DCS520 Kodak DCS760 Nikon D1H Pentax 645D Nikon Df +17 more

I was wondering about that approach Stan.  I have an old HP 4 ink printer I thought I'd attempt that with.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads