gathering purple pollen

Started 3 months ago | Photos
macrouser
macrouser Contributing Member • Posts: 663
gathering purple pollen

purple tansy flowers and purple pollen

Even after you learn how,  it doesn't make easy.  It is a lot of fun.

macrouser's gear list:macrouser's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony a7R III Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Luisifer
Luisifer Contributing Member • Posts: 569
Re: gathering purple pollen

You have to take care on background too. Sometimes fence made the photo interesting but when it seems to be oversight it cannot to be there.

Luisifer's gear list:Luisifer's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro +12 more
macrouser
OP macrouser Contributing Member • Posts: 663

I would have preferred no fence in the photo but it is so hard to get a 4mm bee in focus as it's looking for a landing spot that the bee is the most important.  It still takes me a lot of shots, partly because of shutter lag and view finder lag.

The other factor for me is the short time that I can spend in the Australian sun.  Queensland is the skin cancer capital of the world.  One in four Australians will have skin cancer some time in their life.  I have more than I can count.

This is the last one I had removed.  This is after half the stitches are removed.  Photo taken by the nurse with my phone.

I don't spend much time in the sun.  I will always us a hat.

macrouser's gear list:macrouser's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony a7R III Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +2 more
Luisifer
Luisifer Contributing Member • Posts: 569

I cannot say that i would believe you are going the right way. Health is more important than flying insect even if you take perfect photo.

Luisifer's gear list:Luisifer's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads