An Hour Before a One Month Lockdown

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Benjamin Kanarek
Benjamin Kanarek Veteran Member • Posts: 4,715
An Hour Before a One Month Lockdown

Tonight, last night in Paris before these Effing Selfish Moronic Idiots have to go into lockdown! Vivre la Stupidity... Photo © Benjamin Kanarek using the #Fujifilm #XT3 and #Viltrox #56mmf/1.4 lens. ISO 1000 1/85th of a second f/1.4.

Benjamin Kanarek's gear list:Benjamin Kanarek's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm X-T20 +41 more
Benjamin Kanarek
OP Benjamin Kanarek Veteran Member • Posts: 4,715
Re: An Hour Before a One Month Lockdown

Part 2: Waiter Cigarette Break... Tonight, last night in Paris before these Effing Selfish Moronic Idiots have to go into lockdown! Vivre la Stupidity... Photo © Benjamin Kanarek using the #Fujifilm #XT3 and #Viltrox #56mm f/1.4 lens. ISO 2000 1/85th of a second f/1.4.

Benjamin Kanarek

Part 3: Last Drinks Before Lockdown... Tonight, last night in Paris before these F**king Selfish Moronic Idiots have to go into lockdown! Vivre la Stupidity... Photo © Benjamin Kanarek using the #Fujifilm #XT3 and #Viltrox #56mm f/1.4 lens. ISO 1000 1/85th of a second f/1.4.

Benjamin Kanarek

***NOTE***

When my wife and I are walking in Montmartre, we are always wearing our masks and always social distance. These clients were sitting as close as one would under normal circumstances and the bars didn't apply social distancing protocols.

Those of you who are not pleased by my comments might consider this, it is akin to not wearing a condom especially if you aren't sure your partner has AIDS!

JohnWick4001 Regular Member • Posts: 462

You should see things here in NYC... idiots...

-- hide signature --

Once in a while,people actually let me photograph them.
https://www.instagram.com/5.boro.photography.nyc/

JohnWick4001's gear list:JohnWick4001's gear list
Nikon Z7 Sony a7R IV Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sigma 135mm F1.8 Art +5 more
hikerdoc Senior Member • Posts: 2,780

I always like your images.

Be a little careful in the judgement though. I agree that the spacing in the cafes defies the oft repeated and oft ignored recommendations on distancing, masks, and nonessential outings.  Here in Vermont USA we are reminded that the masks are important mainly to limit my unknowingly spreading the virus, rather than in reliably offering me significant protection from viral shed from others. In the medical setting we are using an entirely different level of PPE for actual protection. Social distancing is stressed.

Of more importance in social distancing, even more so than masks and chair spacing, is the avoidance of nonessential outings. It would appear that the photographer is also on a nonessential pleasure outing in contradiction to terms of an impending lockdown, and while responsibly limiting spread of virus he may be carrying, he is still unnecessarily exposing himself to risks.

hikerdoc's gear list:hikerdoc's gear list
Apple iPhone 8
TheBlackGrouse
TheBlackGrouse Veteran Member • Posts: 3,462

Same here, large parties on the last night before the bars closed.

We have a partial lockdown. In fact, you only visit stores when absolutely needed, for food, for medication, things like that. Every unneeded movement should be avoided.

It seems to work when looking at the recent numbers of people in hospitals. But it takes days before we know it for sure.

-- hide signature --

TheBlackGrouse
Active outdoor photographer

TittyTwister Forum Member • Posts: 84

Flippant.

ashton lamont
ashton lamont Contributing Member • Posts: 632

Benjamin Kanarek wrote:

***NOTE***

When my wife and I are walking in Montmartre, we are always wearing our masks and always social distance. These clients were sitting as close as one would under normal circumstances and the bars didn't apply social distancing protocols.

Those of you who are not pleased by my comments might consider this, it is akin to not wearing a condom especially if you aren't sure your partner has AIDS!

You may not be open-minded enough to accept that the same amount of information - some accurate and informative, some just plain scare-mongering - has been bombarded onto all those people in your shots; that people are then able to reach their own conclusions as to the risks and the wider consequences. You have reached your own opinion, others differ with you. It is nothing to do with irresponsible devil may care attitudes. Shame on you for insulting the people in your shots, people you know nothing about.

-- hide signature --

Pete

craig66 Senior Member • Posts: 1,473

ashton lamont wrote:

Benjamin Kanarek wrote:

***NOTE***

You may not be open-minded enough to accept that the same amount of information - some accurate and informative, some just plain scare-mongering - has been bombarded onto all those people in your shots; that people are then able to reach their own conclusions as to the risks and the wider consequences. You have reached your own opinion, others differ with you. It is nothing to do with irresponsible devil may care attitudes. Shame on you for insulting the people in your shots, people you know nothing about.

As Richard Dawkins remarked, it is possible to be so open minded that your brain falls out.

craig66's gear list:craig66's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM Sigma 500mm F4.5 EX DG HSM +10 more
ashton lamont

craig66 wrote:

ashton lamont wrote:

Benjamin Kanarek wrote:

***NOTE***

As Richard Dawkins remarked, it is possible to be so open minded that your brain falls out.

Ha ha yes, mentioning his name prompted me to remember what I have from him. My Amazon order was for The Selfish Gene, The God Delusion, and The Greatest Show On Earth all in 2011 but I haven't got around to reading them yet! Not sure where that leaves me / my brain :- )

-- hide signature --

Pete

JohnWick4001 Regular Member • Posts: 462

ashton lamont wrote:

Benjamin Kanarek wrote:

***NOTE***

Perhaps you haven't experienced any deaths in your neighborhood,or your family because of Covid19. We lost my Girlfriends' mom and 30,000 plus in my city in a few months.

Shame on you for not having the empathy or common sense to realize just how deadly this is.

-- hide signature --

Once in a while,people actually let me photograph them.
https://www.instagram.com/5.boro.photography.nyc/

JohnWick4001's gear list:JohnWick4001's gear list
Nikon Z7 Sony a7R IV Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sigma 135mm F1.8 Art +5 more
ashton lamont

JohnWick4001 wrote:

ashton lamont wrote:

Benjamin Kanarek wrote:

***NOTE***

Perhaps you haven't experienced any deaths in your neighborhood,or your family because of Covid19. We lost my Girlfriends' mom and 30,000 plus in my city in a few months.

Shame on you for not having the empathy or common sense to realize just how deadly this is.

You have no more empathy or common sense than the earlier poster exhibited. You simply do not accept that other people with the same experience information and intellect can reach different conclusions to you. My last experience of a loved one's death was 11 hours and 40 minutes ago.

My daughter is a nurse and has worked on an acute ward until very recently; she has now moved over to be a community nurse (as its called in the UK).

Do try to have some maturity, its not all about you. Then I will not have to try as hard to feel sympathy for you.

-- hide signature --

Pete

Benjamin Kanarek

JohnWick4001 wrote:

ashton lamont wrote:

Benjamin Kanarek wrote:

***NOTE***

Hear, Hear...Thank you for your wisdom and sage discourse. So sorry for your loss.

🙏🏻😥

Peter A. Stavrakoglou Veteran Member • Posts: 8,289

JohnWick4001 wrote:

ashton lamont wrote:

Benjamin Kanarek wrote:

***NOTE***

I am truly sorry for your loss. I know two people who lost their lives to the virus, although one was in her 90s and had other issues so the virus causing her death is debatable. But the other person, it was the virus. My wife and I know quite a few people who have lost family members in New York where we used to live.

I have two sons that are on their own, not living with my wife and I. Both have had the virus. The older one just got his negative test and had no real symptoms other than loss of taste and smell. Our younger one guy it twice. Yes twice. He lives in New York and got it right before they even reported the first case in the state. He couldn't get a test for four weeks. Every hospital he went to turned him down - they were saving the limited tests for the note at-risk people. He got horribly sick, fever of 104 farenheit for a week, then pneumonia. Took six weeks for him to recover. Over two months later, he got it again, most likely from one of the rioters in New York City when he was on duty. Much easier time the second time. He lost his sense of taste and smell and was very lethargic.

I don't have much faith in social distancing, we've heard conflicting reported as to what is the proper distance. I had having to wear a mask. But I observe the distancing and wear my mask for a few reasons: they most probably are effective rules to follow, even if not it can't hurt to follow them. I also want to be respectful of others who might feel uncomfortable to be around me.

99% it now if the people who contract this virus will be just fine. But it's no consolation to those who have lost friends and family to it

-- hide signature --

My humble photo gallery: http://www.pete-the-greek.com

Peter A. Stavrakoglou's gear list:Peter A. Stavrakoglou's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Sigma SD1 Merrill Canon EOS R Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads