Kipon 75mm f/2.4?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Jvlahakis
Jvlahakis Contributing Member • Posts: 993
Kipon 75mm f/2.4?

Anyone use this lens?  I’m looking for any kind of experience you may have had with Kipon lenses, though I’m particularly interested in the 75mm.  I asked over in the Medium Format forum, but no one has one.  I’m open to hearing about it from any of M, Fuji, or Nikon users.  Thanks in advance.

Jvlahakis's gear list:Jvlahakis's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 50R Olympus OM-D E-M1X Fujifilm GFX 100 Olympus E-M1 III Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +13 more
bokesan
bokesan Regular Member • Posts: 277
Re: Kipon 75mm f/2.4?

I had the Nikon Z version. I liked it well enough - it has a nice unspectacular rendering. Not incredibly sharp - my old Voigtländer Color Heliar 2.5/75 was actually a bit sharper at infinity - but very even sharpness over the full frame and no obvious weaknesses.

Build quality was very good. What I did not like, and the reason I sold it, was the very short focusing throw. AFAIK this is typical for Leica M lenses, and is probably good for street photography with focus peaking. I like to take more time for precise focusing in magnified view and found the throw too short for that.

Jvlahakis
OP Jvlahakis Contributing Member • Posts: 993

Thank you for your insights.  I’m not too bothered by a short throw, but if the rendering is fairly plain, then it may not be the lens for me.  Thanks again.

Fujifilm GFX 50R Olympus OM-D E-M1X Fujifilm GFX 100 Olympus E-M1 III Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +13 more
bokesan
bokesan Regular Member • Posts: 277

I don't have many sample images, and most of them I can't show because of people in them. Here's the best I could find:

Wide open

f/5.6

Jvlahakis
OP Jvlahakis Contributing Member • Posts: 993

These are most helpful.  Thank you.  Particularly like the first one.  Very nice rendering for wide open.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads