100400 II+TC 2.0x III

Started 6 months ago | Photos
1Dx4me Forum Pro • Posts: 10,969
100400 II+TC 2.0x III

here is a shot using canon 100-400 II + TC 2.0x III. this shows how versatile this lens is and how nicely it handles the 2.0x TX. of course, you do lose AF capability due to f 11 that makes the lens manual focus, only! thankfully i have steady hand and have practiced handholding the camera/lens quite a bit in the past.

when i saw the bird sit on the branch, i quickly went and got my camera/lens and started shooting, but due to excitement, for a split second i forgot that i need to manually focus the lens, so that is what i did and i was very happy. i think this lens will be with me for a long time to come.

your comments and positive critiques are appreciated!

-- hide signature --

if you look at God real close and for very long, you'll find defects!!!

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Nikon33
Nikon33 Senior Member • Posts: 2,421
Re: 100400 II+TC 2.0x III

If you switch to the R6, I do believe you get full and complete AF capabilities! I'm impressed at your manual focusing skills though.

Nikon33's gear list:Nikon33's gear list
Sony a1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) Sony 2x Teleconverter (2016) Sigma 14mm F1.8 Art +2 more
gavin
gavin Veteran Member • Posts: 7,961

Nice. I only have the 1.4xIII

-- hide signature --
 gavin's gear list:gavin's gear list
Sony RX100 III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Bassy Forum Pro • Posts: 11,068

how come you shot at f18   and not f11

OP 1Dx4me Forum Pro • Posts: 10,969

Bassy wrote:

how come you shot at f18 and not f11

that is funny, isn't it, but like i said, when the birds (they were a pair) landed on the branch, i ran inside and grabbed my camera and paid more attention to focus than anything else--good thing doves are not too skittish birds as small birds and gave me a little more time to get thing together. but you are right, f11 would have helped better exposure and higher shutter speed, also!

-- hide signature --

gavin wrote:

Nice. I only have the 1.4xIII

thanks, i know TC 2.0x III is shunned by most but as you can see, it works quite well with 100-400 II.

-- hide signature --

Nikon33 wrote:

If you switch to the R6, I do believe you get full and complete AF capabilities! I'm impressed at your manual focusing skills though.

thanks, i am not familiar with canon R cameras, yet, and probably won't abandon dslrs for a while since they do serve me quite well for now. but i am sure when the time comes, i'll upgrade to next gen. R cameras

-- hide signature --

Bassy Forum Pro • Posts: 11,068

i have done that myself better  to at least get a shot   than mess around with settings and the bird as gone lol

Bassy wrote:

i have done that myself better to at least get a shot than mess around with settings and the bird as gone lol

indeed, i didn't have time to check everything and like i said, this bird was nice enough to give me a few more second to do manual focus. luckily, my 1Dx is super fast enough to get a few shots in a hurry! however, the bird did get spooked and flew off right after this shot

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads