Nikon 200 f/2 VR II ?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
smhagger Senior Member • Posts: 1,425
Nikon 200 f/2 VR II ?

Guys/Gals,

It's been a long time and I've taken a break from photography.  Looking to revive my equipment and wanted to 're-add' a 200 f/2 VR lens again.  Was looking to purchase one from B&H, but they don't seem to be in stock.

Is this lens still available?  Searching on it, I saw references to it being discontinued-I hope that's not true?

Has the lens been in stock anywhere recently?  Just looking for info so I can know what to expect as I search to purchase a new lens.

Thanks,

Sean

smhagger's gear list:smhagger's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +5 more
RBFresno
RBFresno Forum Pro • Posts: 12,933
Re: Nikon 200 f/2 VR II vs 200VR(I); Here you go

smhagger wrote:

Guys/Gals,

It's been a long time and I've taken a break from photography. Looking to revive my equipment and wanted to 're-add' a 200 f/2 VR lens again. Was looking to purchase one from B&H, but they don't seem to be in stock.

Is this lens still available? Searching on it, I saw references to it being discontinued-I hope that's not true?

Has the lens been in stock anywhere recently? Just looking for info so I can know what to expect as I search to purchase a new lens.

Thanks,

Sean

Hi!

Some used ones:

BHPhoto 200VR

The VR1 is a much better value. I'd snatch this one up

Adorama 200VR

The VR II has minimally better VR and minimally better coatings:

VR vs VR II 200/2

But for the price difference I'd get the VR, not the VR II (The Adorama used one is a steal.)

Some 200/2 VR pics

View: gallery page

Best regards,

RB

RBFresno's gear list:RBFresno's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D4 Nikon D5 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +17 more
LensWizard
LensWizard Senior Member • Posts: 1,426
Re: Nikon 200 f/2 VR II ?

I have seen a new one forsale recently at Adorama and Normans Camera but sold quite quickly.. Have noticed a lot of these higher end prime telephotos out of stock...

-- hide signature --

Canon XLH1 Video, Profoto AcuteR2400, Eizo 27Inch CG277 Monitor, MSI GT80S Laptop, MSI Vortex G-65 Desktop, Wimberly Mk2 Head, Gitzo 5540LS Tripods (2), Arca Swiss Monoball Head, Macbook Pro 15inch Retna Display,Arca Swiss C1 Cube Head, Apple Mac Pro (6) Core 3.5GHZ Dual AMD700's

LensWizard's gear list:LensWizard's gear list
Leica SL2 Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS 5D Leica SL (Typ 601) +26 more
CAT Productions
CAT Productions Senior Member • Posts: 1,002

LensWizard wrote:

I have seen a new one forsale recently at Adorama and Normans Camera but sold quite quickly.. Have noticed a lot of these higher end prime telephotos out of stock...

Is that a 300/2.8 VR II with the 200?

CAT Productions's gear list:CAT Productions's gear list
Nikon D70s Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D4 +21 more
LensWizard

CAT Productions wrote:

LensWizard wrote:

No thats the new 120-300 Zoom on the d6

-- hide signature --

Canon XLH1 Video, Profoto AcuteR2400, Eizo 27Inch CG277 Monitor, MSI GT80S Laptop, MSI Vortex G-65 Desktop, Wimberly Mk2 Head, Gitzo 5540LS Tripods (2), Arca Swiss Monoball Head, Macbook Pro 15inch Retna Display,Arca Swiss C1 Cube Head, Apple Mac Pro (6) Core 3.5GHZ Dual AMD700's

Leica SL2 Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS 5D Leica SL (Typ 601) +26 more
CAT Productions

LensWizard wrote:

CAT Productions wrote:

LensWizard wrote:

Oh OK. Should have recognized the foot. Looks great.

LensWizard

CAT Productions wrote:

LensWizard wrote:

CAT Productions wrote:

LensWizard wrote:

200 f/2 is on my d5 and have never removed it since i put it on..

-- hide signature --

CAT Productions

LensWizard wrote:

CAT Productions wrote:

LensWizard wrote:

CAT Productions wrote:

LensWizard wrote:

Nice! It's a good solution for controlling dust on the sensor.

OP smhagger Senior Member • Posts: 1,425

Incredible photos RB-great work! I remember you from when I was a more active shooter-good to see you're still at it!

Thanks for cutting to the chase on the VR vs VRII. I have my eye on a used VR at the moment and was thinking I may pick up the used VR and maybe buy a used D5 with the money saved as I only have a D750 at the moment (sold my two D3's from shooting weddings several years back when I got burned out). Now that my kids are getting older, and I'm on the brink of becoming a grandpa (albeit, a young one!), I figured it's time to return to capturing memories...

I'll keep an eye out for a VR version-that is the one I had previously anyway and absolutely loved it! Only sold it at the time because the money was better invested in a second D3 for my wife to use during weddings as a second shooter. Otherwise, we both regret parting ways with it...

My youngest two, about 14 years ago...

My eldest, about to make us first time grandparents:

Portrait of my second oldest son:

smhagger's gear list:smhagger's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +5 more
theonetruepath Senior Member • Posts: 1,744

LensWizard wrote:

If I had a 200/2 and more than one camera I'd probably epoxy it on...

theonetruepath's gear list:theonetruepath's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D850 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF +4 more
LensWizard

theonetruepath wrote:

LensWizard wrote:

Yes it has been affixed to one of my D5's since I bought the 200 and d5 about 4 years ago and never been off...

-- hide signature --

Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 14,415

smhagger wrote:

Incredible photos RB-great work! I remember you from when I was a more active shooter-good to see you're still at it!

Thanks for cutting to the chase on the VR vs VRII. I have my eye on a used VR at the moment and was thinking I may pick up the used VR and maybe buy a used D5 with the money saved as I only have a D750 at the moment (sold my two D3's from shooting weddings several years back when I got burned out). Now that my kids are getting older, and I'm on the brink of becoming a grandpa (albeit, a young one!), I figured it's time to return to capturing memories...

I'll keep an eye out for a VR version-that is the one I had previously anyway and absolutely loved it! Only sold it at the time because the money was better invested in a second D3 for my wife to use during weddings as a second shooter. Otherwise, we both regret parting ways with it...

My youngest two, about 14 years ago...

My eldest, about to make us first time grandparents:

Portrait of my second oldest son:

So charming! Wow!

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of a handful of Nikon cameras. And a few lenses.
WSSA #456

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon 1 V2 +24 more
LensWizard

-- hide signature --

LensWizard

-- hide signature --

Tord S Eriksson

LensWizard wrote:

Lovely, a girl?!

-- hide signature --

WSSA #456

LensWizard

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

LensWizard wrote:

Lovely, a girl?!

Stray cat that turned up about 12 years ago and we still have him..

-- hide signature --

Tord S Eriksson

LensWizard wrote:

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

LensWizard wrote:

Lovely, a girl?!

He then! Great shots!

-- hide signature --

WSSA #456

Van Griff Senior Member • Posts: 1,725

LensWizard wrote:

theonetruepath wrote:

LensWizard wrote:

Yes it has been affixed to one of my D5's since I bought the 200 and d5 about 4 years ago and never been off...

L W

Your biceps must be very well developed by now then . . . :-)!!!

Best,

V G

Van Griff's gear list:Van Griff's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +33 more
LensWizard

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

LensWizard wrote:

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

LensWizard wrote:

Lovely, a girl?!

He then! Great shots!

Well anyways the lens is very very special and really does not disappoint..

-- hide signature --

LensWizard

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads