Canon RP + 24-105mm F4-7.1 bundle for $999

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Photato
Photato Senior Member • Posts: 2,789
Canon RP + 24-105mm F4-7.1 bundle for $999
6

I believe this is the new lowest price for FF.

Several vendors like Best Buy, Adorama and the Canon Store have it at this price now.

Link to Adorama.

 Photato's gear list:Photato's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS M Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +13 more
tkbslc Forum Pro • Posts: 15,380
Re: Canon RP + 24-105mm F4-7.1 bundle for $999
1

Photato wrote:

I believe this is the new lowest price for FF.

Several vendors like Best Buy, Adorama and the Canon Store have it at this price now.

Link to Adorama.

They had the same deal in early summer, but yes it is an incredible deal.

txsizzler
txsizzler Senior Member • Posts: 1,756
Re: Canon RP + 24-105mm F4-7.1 bundle for $999

Photato wrote:

I believe this is the new lowest price for FF.

Several vendors like Best Buy, Adorama and the Canon Store have it at this price now.

Link to Adorama.

Canon refurbished has this available (and still in stock, unbelievably). It's at least as good as this deal, maybe better:

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/refurbished-eos-rp-rf-24-240mm-f4-6-3-is-usm-kit

Canon RP + RF 24-240 f/4-6.3 for $1199!

 txsizzler's gear list:txsizzler's gear list
Canon PowerShot A590 IS Canon PowerShot S50 Canon PowerShot S80 Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot S95 +11 more
MikeJ9116 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,756
Re: Canon RP + 24-105mm F4-7.1 bundle for $999

I would gladly pay the extra $200 to get the RF 24-240mm lens over the RF 24-105mm STM.  You get twice the range with the long end being brighter and much faster AF for the $200.

txsizzler
txsizzler Senior Member • Posts: 1,756
Re: Canon RP + 24-105mm F4-7.1 bundle for $999

MikeJ9116 wrote:

I would gladly pay the extra $200 to get the RF 24-240mm lens over the RF 24-105mm STM. You get twice the range with the long end being brighter and much faster AF for the $200.

I received mine last week. Loving this combo! Makes a great second camera to my R6.

 txsizzler's gear list:txsizzler's gear list
Canon PowerShot A590 IS Canon PowerShot S50 Canon PowerShot S80 Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot S95 +11 more
tkbslc Forum Pro • Posts: 15,380
Re: Canon RP + 24-105mm F4-7.1 bundle for $999

MikeJ9116 wrote:

I would gladly pay the extra $200 to get the RF 24-240mm lens over the RF 24-105mm STM. You get twice the range with the long end being brighter and much faster AF for the $200.

I never found the AF to be faster, but the 24-240 is a sharper lens throughout the range.  It ends up being f5.6 at 104mm vs f7.1 on the 24-105.

What the 24-105 has in it's favor is that it's so much lighter, by about half.  The 24-240 is really kind of a beast on the Rp, being long, fat and heavy.  The 24-105 seems like it was made to fit the Rp.   Also the 24-105 does approx 1:2 macro close focusing.

Both lenses really need lens profiles for the wide end or you'll have vignetting.  And the 24-240 has really bad CA without that profile.

I found that there were things I liked a lot about both, but ended up going with the 24-105L over either

I will caution as someone who is selling both of these lenses recently, the market is flooded.  They are hard to sell unless you give them away.  So don't buy one thinking you are going to flip the kit lens for big bucks.

txsizzler
txsizzler Senior Member • Posts: 1,756
Re: Canon RP + 24-105mm F4-7.1 bundle for $999

tkbslc wrote:

MikeJ9116 wrote:

I would gladly pay the extra $200 to get the RF 24-240mm lens over the RF 24-105mm STM. You get twice the range with the long end being brighter and much faster AF for the $200.

..I will caution as someone who is selling both of these lenses recently, the market is flooded. They are hard to sell unless you give them away. So don't buy one thinking you are going to flip the kit lens for big bucks.

The 24-240, if for some reason you are wanting to sell it (I won't be selling mine), is still getting an average of about $500 on the big auction site.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=rf+24-240&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_odkw=canon+6d+body&LH_ItemCondition=3000&LH_Complete=1

 txsizzler's gear list:txsizzler's gear list
Canon PowerShot A590 IS Canon PowerShot S50 Canon PowerShot S80 Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot S95 +11 more
tkbslc Forum Pro • Posts: 15,380
Re: Canon RP + 24-105mm F4-7.1 bundle for $999
1

txsizzler wrote:

tkbslc wrote:

MikeJ9116 wrote:

I would gladly pay the extra $200 to get the RF 24-240mm lens over the RF 24-105mm STM. You get twice the range with the long end being brighter and much faster AF for the $200.

..I will caution as someone who is selling both of these lenses recently, the market is flooded. They are hard to sell unless you give them away. So don't buy one thinking you are going to flip the kit lens for big bucks.

The 24-240, if for some reason you are wanting to sell it (I won't be selling mine), is still getting an average of about $500 on the big auction site.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=rf+24-240&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_odkw=canon+6d+body&LH_ItemCondition=3000&LH_Complete=1

And ebay takes 10% and paypal 3% and then shipping is $20 or so with insurance.  So now that is closer to $400 net.

24-105 is hard to net $200 for these days.

Just pointing it out in case someone is hoping to make a buck splitting the kits.

txsizzler
txsizzler Senior Member • Posts: 1,756
Re: Canon RP + 24-105mm F4-7.1 bundle for $999

tkbslc wrote:

txsizzler wrote:

tkbslc wrote:

MikeJ9116 wrote:

I would gladly pay the extra $200 to get the RF 24-240mm lens over the RF 24-105mm STM. You get twice the range with the long end being brighter and much faster AF for the $200.

..I will caution as someone who is selling both of these lenses recently, the market is flooded. They are hard to sell unless you give them away. So don't buy one thinking you are going to flip the kit lens for big bucks.

The 24-240, if for some reason you are wanting to sell it (I won't be selling mine), is still getting an average of about $500 on the big auction site.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=rf+24-240&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_odkw=canon+6d+body&LH_ItemCondition=3000&LH_Complete=1

And ebay takes 10% and paypal 3% and then shipping is $20 or so with insurance. So now that is closer to $400 net.

24-105 is hard to net $200 for these days.

Just pointing it out in case someone is hoping to make a buck splitting the kits.

There are also other ways of selling (Mercari, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, etc), and you might get more money (net).

 txsizzler's gear list:txsizzler's gear list
Canon PowerShot A590 IS Canon PowerShot S50 Canon PowerShot S80 Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot S95 +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads