I cannot see M10-P profile in latest Lightroom/Camera Raw on OS X

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Tungsten Nordstein
Tungsten Nordstein Senior Member • Posts: 2,301
I cannot see M10-P profile in latest Lightroom/Camera Raw on OS X

I cannot see the Camera profile for M10-P in Lightroom. I can only see M10 profile.

So...

I updated Camera RAW to v13.0.

I have the latest Lightroom CC Classic.

On the hard drive, I can see the M10-P and other M10 profiles in the /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Adobe Standard folder. (It's called LEICA M10-P Adobe Standard.dcp)

I tried to directly import the correct profile and Lightroom says it is already imported.

The only camera profile under Profiles in the LR Develop panel is the standard M10.

I have also tried the Camera Raw in Photoshop (2021) and same. Just one M10 profile and it does not work correctly with my camera files which look very very poor - washed out and very red. In fact none of the profiles available in LR or PS make the M10-P files look any good.

Any ideas please?

-- hide signature --

'I don't take photographs, I delete them.'
Tungsten Nordstein, 2909
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156257994@N08/

Tungsten Nordstein's gear list:Tungsten Nordstein's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Ricoh GR Digital Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma dp2 Quattro Ricoh GR II +8 more
Leica M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
JDLaing50 Senior Member • Posts: 2,240
Re: I cannot see M10-P profile in latest Lightroom/Camera Raw on OS X

There are no differences in the files between M10 and M10P. The only difference is in the camera.

JDLaing50's gear list:JDLaing50's gear list
Sony RX1R II Olympus PEN-F Leica M-P (Typ 240) Voigtlander 50mm F1.5 Nokton +4 more
Tungsten Nordstein
OP Tungsten Nordstein Senior Member • Posts: 2,301

JDLaing50 wrote:

There are no differences in the files between M10 and M10P. The only difference is in the camera.

I read that there are differences.

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/289968-m10-p-lr6-missing-adobe-standard-profile/

And why is there a specific profile for the M10-P, if they are the same?

The M10 profile is not giving me good results, at least.

-- hide signature --

Tungsten Nordstein, 2909

Ricoh Caplio GX100 Ricoh GR Digital Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma dp2 Quattro Ricoh GR II +8 more
JDLaing50 Senior Member • Posts: 2,240

Tungsten Nordstein wrote:

JDLaing50 wrote:

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/289968-m10-p-lr6-missing-adobe-standard-profile/

I have no idea. Possibly to only identify the body. The files are the same. The difference in the cameras are pretty much cosmetics, screen, shutter and buffer size.

The M10 profile is not giving me good results, at least.

JDLaing50's gear list:JDLaing50's gear list
Sony RX1R II Olympus PEN-F Leica M-P (Typ 240) Voigtlander 50mm F1.5 Nokton +4 more
Tungsten Nordstein

JDLaing50 wrote:

JDLaing50 wrote:

I have no idea. Possibly to only identify the body. The files are the same. The difference in the cameras are pretty much cosmetics, screen, shutter and buffer size.

I'm pretty sure the purpose of a camera profile is to tell the editing program how to apply camera-specific information to its interpretation of the DNG file data when it rasterises it.

Did you look at the link I posted? It shows the differences to the image when M10 profile is applied and when M10-P is applied.

-- hide signature --

Tungsten Nordstein, 2909

Tungsten Nordstein

Ok. I'm going to accept that the correct profile does not show in LR or PS. And even though I am using M10 profile for the DNGs from a M10p - the profile should give me good enough results. I tested some sample DNGs which I had downloaded and it worked. It may vene be as simple as the software is using the correct profile all along but it is labelled incorrectly.

So, my IQ problems lie elsewhere and I am going to persue this with the camera shop.

Thank-you to JDLaing50 for your time in responding to my questio.

-- hide signature --

Tungsten Nordstein, 2909

stephens1 Junior Member • Posts: 45

Late to the party..  My M10-P images are properly identified when I'm in Library mode.

The photos are beautifully rendered.

FWIW, I only shoot in raw (DNG).

stephens1's gear list:stephens1's gear list
Leica Q2 Leica M10-P Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +4 more
Raymond L
Raymond L Regular Member • Posts: 252

I cannot see the Camera profile for M10-P in Lightroom. I can only see M10 profile.

So...

I updated Camera RAW to v13.0.

I have the latest Lightroom CC Classic.

On the hard drive, I can see the M10-P and other M10 profiles in the /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Adobe Standard folder. (It's called LEICA M10-P Adobe Standard.dcp)

I tried to directly import the correct profile and Lightroom says it is already imported.

The only camera profile under Profiles in the LR Develop panel is the standard M10.

I have also tried the Camera Raw in Photoshop (2021) and same. Just one M10 profile and it does not work correctly with my camera files which look very very poor - washed out and very red. In fact none of the profiles available in LR or PS make the M10-P files look any good.

Any ideas please?

I have been following the Leica M10/P fairly closely. This issue has been raised in the Leica forums, you will need to “reset” the camera via menu and the issue should go away.

Raymond L's gear list:Raymond L's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony RX100 IV Leica M9 Nikon D800 Sony a7R II +24 more
Tungsten Nordstein

stephens1 wrote:

Late to the party.. My M10-P images are properly identified when I'm in Library mode.

The photos are beautifully rendered.

FWIW, I only shoot in raw (DNG).

I think what you see in library mode i what's written in the EXIF.  In develop mode you only see a generic 'M10' profile applied. I'm not clear whether it matters and am very happy with the images I get from RAW, since performing a factory reset on the camera.

-- hide signature --

Tungsten Nordstein, 2909

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads