Pine Warbler

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
hannenberg Regular Member • Posts: 251
Pine Warbler

For the past few days I've spotted Pine Warblers in my backyard (Massachusetts).
I have never seen them before.  They are not particularly skittish so I was able to get relatively close.   These are both cropped and near full zoom.  All-in-all I think the camera did a nice job given the lack of available light.

Rachael P
Rachael P Contributing Member • Posts: 887
Re: Pine Warbler

hannenberg wrote:

For the past few days I've spotted Pine Warblers in my backyard (Massachusetts).
I have never seen them before. They are not particularly skittish so I was able to get relatively close. These are both cropped and near full zoom. All-in-all I think the camera did a nice job given the lack of available light.

I think they are remarkable for ISO 3200!

Rachael P's gear list:Rachael P's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony a9 Sony a7R IV Canon Extender EF 1.4x II Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +13 more
OP hannenberg Regular Member • Posts: 251

TY.  Sometimes I'm surprised by the high the ISO quality.  Had to limit the shutter speed because of the low light.  Fortunately the bird held still.

Jack Tingle Regular Member • Posts: 177

Nice. Mine was only half a bird.

Eastbound pine warbler, from the west, PRNWR, Plum Island, Newbury, MA

Jack Tingle's gear list:Jack Tingle's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX720 HS Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +1 more
Holmes375
Holmes375 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,387

Very nice. The detail rendered is quite amazing for that ISO value.

-- hide signature --

Pleasant trails to ya.
~Holmes
WSSA member #103

Holmes375's gear list:Holmes375's gear list
Panasonic ZS200 Sony RX100 VI Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Nikon Z50 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S +5 more
Rodger1943
Rodger1943 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,769

They are superb images of the warbler, with sharp details that I hadn't thought were possible with such a high ISO. Did you do much noise removal afterwards? I somehow doubt that you did, as the plumage details are so sharp.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ1000 FZ200 Sony RX10 iv

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000 Sony RX10 IV +2 more

Rodger1943 wrote:

They are superb images of the warbler, with sharp details that I hadn't thought were possible with such a high ISO. Did you do much noise removal afterwards? I somehow doubt that you did, as the plumage details are so sharp.

TY so much.  I didn't do any noise removal, just a some cropping and a bit of sharpening.

Another high iso shot (1000)

Rodger1943
Rodger1943 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,769

Another incredibly sharp shot of a bird taken at a high ISO. Once again, the plumage details are superb.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ1000 FZ200 Sony RX10 iv

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000 Sony RX10 IV +2 more

Rodger1943 wrote:

Another incredibly sharp shot of a bird taken at a high ISO. Once again, the plumage details are superb.

TY so much.  I admit I was surprised by the high ISO clarity.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads