Ricoh GR iii and Image Sync Workflow for iPad Pro and how to not lose your Ricoh GRiii ring...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Angemon New Member • Posts: 3
Ricoh GR iii and Image Sync Workflow for iPad Pro and how to not lose your Ricoh GRiii ring...

Hello Folks,

Longtime GR User here who recently made the switch to an Ricoh GRiii, which I love truly love. Thank you to everyone on this forum who has posted feedback about this camera, both positive and negative, as you all helped with this choice. I am seeking more advice though as I am having difficulty determining a good workflow with my iPad Pro; I normally use a desktop machine. What is the best workflow using Image Sync and Lightroom on the iPad Pro? I also like to post my photos to Facebook as I live overseas and it is a great way for me to keep my family updated to my adventures (at home these days!) but am having difficulty achieving this too. Anyone have any pointers? Please help!

Also, that lens ring that is loose... did anyone notice that there is a tiny teeny screw that you can tighten to stop the ring coming loose? It is located on the ring itself and very difficult to see - I tightened mine with just a little extra torque from the factory and it fits nicely!

Arigato Gozaimasu!

- Angemon

Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
miles500
miles500 Senior Member • Posts: 1,136
Re: Ricoh GR iii and Image Sync Workflow for iPad Pro and how to not lose your Ricoh GRiii ring...

Thanks for mentioning the little screw which tightens that ring. Mine fits very snugly but I have seen so many complaints from others on this issue. Your post caused me to inspect the ring and find the screw you mention. As I have no problem, I have not found any need to adjust the screw, but it does seem to connect with a tiny metal spring on the inside of the ring which I guess adjusts the tightness of the ring.

-- hide signature --

Miles500

miles500's gear list:miles500's gear list
Ricoh GR III Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +5 more
OP Angemon New Member • Posts: 3
Re: Ricoh GR iii and Image Sync Workflow for iPad Pro and how to not lose your Ricoh GRiii ring...

Hey there, thanks for the response. I did mention it because the ring on my GRiii was really lose fresh out the box but by adjusting that screw a little it helped snug it up - there is still a little play but I am no where near as concerned about it falling off now. I was hoping that by mentioning it, it may help others

RobertLysakowski Regular Member • Posts: 144

Angemon wrote:

Hello Folks,

Longtime GR User here who recently made the switch to an Ricoh GRiii, which I love truly love. Thank you to everyone on this forum who has posted feedback about this camera, both positive and negative, as you all helped with this choice. I am seeking more advice though as I am having difficulty determining a good workflow with my iPad Pro; I normally use a desktop machine. What is the best workflow using Image Sync and Lightroom on the iPad Pro? I also like to post my photos to Facebook as I live overseas and it is a great way for me to keep my family updated to my adventures (at home these days!) but am having difficulty achieving this too. Anyone have any pointers? Please help!

What's the difficulty you are facing with Ipad workflow? Once you got the photos to the ipad, you import them, process and export to JPG to post on social media...

If you have Creative Cloud subscription, you can sync these back to your PC.

btw - I would not use the Image Sync but the card reader and import photos directly to iPAD, without going through Photos app. Definitely faster and more convenient. My experience is that Image Import stops syncing when ipad goes for power saving, which means I can not leave it and go somewhere why it imorts my 100 photos. I won't do it and I need to be there and watch it, unless I am doing something wrong? Card reader fixes this issue.

OP Angemon New Member • Posts: 3

Thank you for your response! I was using Image Sync, which does take a long time to download raw files and was then trying to upload to CC. I am going to purchase a card reader to speed up this process. Also, I was having difficulty posting from Lightroom CC to FB but had not realized that I should be also exporting photos as a JPeg and then uploading to FB. I seem to recall having an issue with uploading a batch of photos but will double check.

I cannot thank you enough for helping out here, the card reader is the part that will really help!

- Angela

RobertLysakowski Regular Member • Posts: 144

Glad to be helpful, good luck with your workflow going forward.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads