Z50: need a very small waterproof bag

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
powerbook Regular Member • Posts: 309
Z50: need a very small waterproof bag

Hello,

I need som inspiration to buy a very small waterproof bag where there is only room for the Z50 with kit lens 16-50 mounted and an extra battery. So as small as possible.

I also need som inspiration to buy a very small waterproof bag where there is only room for the Z50 with kit lens 16-50 mounted and a separate kit lens 50-250 and an extra battery. Again: as small as possible.

Any experiences and good ideas for what to choose?

Thank you in advance

Wahrsager
Wahrsager Senior Member • Posts: 2,333
Re: Z50: need a very small waterproof bag

powerbook wrote:

Hello,

I need som inspiration to buy a very small waterproof bag where there is only room for the Z50 with kit lens 16-50 mounted and an extra battery. So as small as possible.

I also need som inspiration to buy a very small waterproof bag where there is only room for the Z50 with kit lens 16-50 mounted and a separate kit lens 50-250 and an extra battery. Again: as small as possible.

Thank you in advance

Wahrsager's gear list:Wahrsager's gear list
Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z50 +27 more
SiFu
SiFu Veteran Member • Posts: 6,244
for storage...

powerbook wrote:

Hello,

Thank you in advance

Hello!

Ikea 1l double-zip bag:

For extra protection add an Ikea 1.2l double-zip bag on top.

Other than that, there's always a wide variety of roll-up bags:

For storage, I prefer the Ikea ones.

Best,

Alex

-- hide signature --

carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

OP powerbook Regular Member • Posts: 309
** UPDATE ** Z50: need a very small waterproof bag

powerbook wrote:

Hello,

Thank you in advance

Sorry, I was probably not accurate enough.

I am looking for a real bag with a strap, and not just a zipper plastic bag from IKEA

ZapperVT Contributing Member • Posts: 819

powerbook wrote:

Hello,

Thank you in advance

I use this: OverBoard Waterproof SLR Camera Bag

It holds the Z50 and both lenses, with either mounted on the body.  There is a small pocket to hold the extra battery.

Be warned it is not truly waterproof.  You wouldn't want to have your camera submerged in it for very long.  I would not leave the camera in the bottom of a wet canoe, for example.  On canoe treks I've tied it up to a thwart out of the water.  But it's worked over a full day of hard rain, sitting exposed in a canoe, and it kept the camera dry during several brief ( a few seconds) of being submerged.

It's also not padded so you have to be careful and not bang it on rocks and trees and such.

ZapperVT's gear list:ZapperVT's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR +11 more
SiFu
SiFu Veteran Member • Posts: 6,244
Re: ** UPDATE ** Z50: need a very small waterproof bag

powerbook wrote:

powerbook wrote:

Hello,

Thank you in advance

I am looking for a real bag with a strap, and not just a zipper plastic bag from IKEA

Hello!

My suggestion was not just tongue-in-cheek - use any "real" bag that works ergonomically and in terms of storage capacity and put the stuff you want to be protected from water into water-proof bags and these bags into the "real" bag.

I do this all the time with my hiking gear as well (and it works far better than any "rain-cover" etc I ever had).

Best,

Alex

-- hide signature --

carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

ZapperVT Contributing Member • Posts: 819
Re: ** UPDATE ** Z50: need a very small waterproof bag

SiFu wrote:

powerbook wrote:

powerbook wrote:

Hello,

Thank you in advance

Hello!

My suggestion was not just tongue-in-cheek - use any "real" bag that works ergonomically and in terms of storage capacity and put the stuff you want to be protected from water into water-proof bags and these bags into the "real" bag.

I do this all the time with my hiking gear as well (and it works far better than any "rain-cover" etc I ever had).

Best,

Alex

Good points.  I like the thin Sea to Summit Ultrasil roll top dry bags.  They come in all sizes and are more durable and dependable than zip-locks.

ZapperVT's gear list:ZapperVT's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR +11 more
GeorgioDS New Member • Posts: 17
 GeorgioDS's gear list:GeorgioDS's gear list
Nikon D800E Olympus E-M1 II Nikon Z7 +1 more
TomS53 Senior Member • Posts: 1,379

Awe, you beat me to it!   Stay Safe!

TomS53's gear list:TomS53's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED +5 more
BurnImage
BurnImage Senior Member • Posts: 1,089

powerbook wrote:

Hello,

Thank you in advance

https://billingham.co.uk/collections/camera-bags/products/72

-- hide signature --
 BurnImage's gear list:BurnImage's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 +3 more
Peter3579 Contributing Member • Posts: 579

I use a Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 10. It is the perfect size for the Z50 with 16-50 lens and a spare battery.

It has a water resistant cover.

Do you need absolutely waterproof or just something to keep your camera dry when out in the rain?

Peter3579's gear list:Peter3579's gear list
Nikon D500 Fujifilm X-E3 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +12 more
OP powerbook Regular Member • Posts: 309

Peter3579 wrote:

I use a Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 10. It is the perfect size for the Z50 with 16-50 lens and a spare battery.

It has a water resistant cover.

Do you need absolutely waterproof or just something to keep your camera dry when out in the rain?

Not absolutely waterproof I think. Maybe more like keeping the camera dry when it rains and so small as possible.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads