Sony RX10 IV Animal Eye AF is not working

Started 5 months ago | Questions
Harris McMann
Harris McMann Regular Member • Posts: 101
Sony RX10 IV Animal Eye AF is not working

I was happy to find that SONY released Firmware 2.0 for Animal Eye AF. After downloading it I can't get it to work on our horses. I am using all manual settings except for the focus which is AFC.

Face/Eye Prty in AF is on. Subject detection is set to animal. Animal eye display is on.  I tried it with the human setting but it did not work on my spouse's eyes.

Sony's tech support is down so I contacted chat. They had me try it in P which also failed. We also tried assigning a custom button which did not help. It was already assigned to center when I entered the menu so I took that off and used C1. I am using back focus which I took off just to see if it would make a difference but it did not. They were unable to resolve this short of a full reset of the camera which I declined.

The download was successful and there are no error messages.

I am open to suggestions on how to resolve this. Thank you in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX1 Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 18,981
Re: Sony RX10 IV Animal Eye AF is not working

Any reason why you didn't post this in the Cyber-shot forum where the knowledgeable RX10IV users hang out?

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/1009

Harris McMann
OP Harris McMann Regular Member • Posts: 101
Re: Sony RX10 IV Animal Eye AF is not working

Sony has this feature on many of it's full frame cameras as well.  Possibly there might be someone outside the Cyber Shot people that might know.  Thank you for the suggestion as I will post it there as well.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads