Create DCP file with color swap?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
robgendreau Veteran Member • Posts: 7,806
Create DCP file with color swap?

Is it possible to create a camera profile (DCP) with a color swap, say red for blue? I have created them where I've lowered the temperature for use setting WB in Lr with infrared images (the problem being the scale), but couldn't figure out how to bake in a color swap as well.

Redcrown Senior Member • Posts: 1,735
Re: Create DCP file with color swap?

I've not tried it, but the Adobe DNG Profile Editor lets you push values all around on a color wheel. Maybe that would work to create a color swapping dcp.

However, there are other tried and true methods that would seem much easier. Dan Margulis showed how to swap colors in Photoshop using LAB mode years ago. And others have showed how to use LUTs to do the same.

OP robgendreau Veteran Member • Posts: 7,806

Redcrown wrote:

I've not tried it, but the Adobe DNG Profile Editor lets you push values all around on a color wheel. Maybe that would work to create a color swapping dcp.

However, there are other tried and true methods that would seem much easier. Dan Margulis showed how to swap colors in Photoshop using LAB mode years ago. And others have showed how to use LUTs to do the same.

I'm aware of that, but won't work for me.

But it has been suggesting there might be a way to include a DCP in a profile, essentially, so I'll check that out. I use profiles extensively. The issue is that in Lr you have to choose one or the other. It would save me having to go to Ps as often if I could combine the swap and WB changes in one.

AKoblentz Regular Member • Posts: 130

robgendreau wrote:

Is it possible to create a camera profile (DCP) with a color swap, say red for blue? I have created them where I've lowered the temperature for use setting WB in Lr with infrared images (the problem being the scale), but couldn't figure out how to bake in a color swap as well.

Enhanced xmp profiles -

• Swap Green Blue
  • Swap Red Blue
  • Swap Red Green
  • Swap Cyan Magenta
  • Swap Cyan Yellow
  • Swap Cyan Black

I found in the pack of Channels Profiles LR7.3 & ACR10.3

Just google, hope it helps

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads