Adorama is Best or not?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
juliediane New Member • Posts: 9
Adorama is Best or not?

Have a look at the NX80 which is almost identical but cheaper. Z90 has broadcast-pro-extras that you almost certainly won’t need. I’m semipro yet have no need for the extra features in the Z90. Also, I have read that the codecs/wrappers in the nx80 are easier to handle in editing. (Compared to the Z150 and I think also the z90)

Adorama is fine. My experience puts BH ahead but both are solid.

Bobthearch
Bobthearch Veteran Member • Posts: 9,819
Re: Adorama is Best or not?

Either one is good-to-go in my book.  I probably buy more from B&H just out of habit, but a recent order from Adorama was perfect.

-- hide signature --

Personal non-commercial websites with no ads or tracking:
Local photography: http://ratonphotos.com/
Travel and photography: http://placesandpics.com/
Special-interest photos: http://ghosttowns.placesandpics.com/

Bobthearch's gear list:Bobthearch's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II +2 more
OP juliediane New Member • Posts: 9

Bobthearch wrote:

Either one is good-to-go in my book. I probably buy more from B&H just out of habit, but a recent order from Adorama was perfect.

I chose to buy from Adorama because with the specs I explicitly wanted in stock, they had the MacBook Pro 16. So I decided to try Adorama instead of ordering via Apple and waiting 2-3 weeks as I've heard mixed reviews about them. I ordered my MacBook Pro 16 and without a hitch, everything went through the checkout process, my order was received and my CC was paid. Because of authentication, authentication for what, the next day I get an email saying my order is on hold?

My credit card was already paid. What else are you looking for to check?

Scriv
Scriv Contributing Member • Posts: 931

I've ordered from Adorama twice, both times the in-stock item took 2+ weeks to arrive. Conversely I've ordered from B&H at least twenty times, they get the items to me in less than a week. Needless to say, I wont be using Adorama again.

Scriv's gear list:Scriv's gear list
Sony RX100 V Fujifilm X100V Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-T30 +12 more
Nancy Miller
Nancy Miller Forum Member • Posts: 65

juliediane wrote:

Bobthearch wrote:

Either one is good-to-go in my book. I probably buy more from B&H just out of habit, but a recent order from Adorama was perfect.

I chose to buy from Adorama because with the specs I explicitly wanted in stock, they had the MacBook Pro 16. So I decided to try Adorama instead of ordering via Apple and waiting 2-3 weeks as I've heard mixed reviews about them. I ordered my MacBook Pro 16 and without a hitch, everything went through the checkout process, my order was received and my CC was paid. Because of authentication, authentication for what, the next day I get an email saying my order is on hold?

Hi,

I was sorry to read about your ordering experience. If you have a minute, can you please email me your order details so I can look into what happened? My email is nancym@adorama.com

-- hide signature --

Nancy Miller

donaldsc Veteran Member • Posts: 3,761

They are both good.  However, I usually buy from B&H because that is where I usually shop.

BTW - what in all bloody hell does the title of your post have to do with most of its contents or is it just a way to attract attention?

-- hide signature --

Don

OP juliediane New Member • Posts: 9

Here I have shown the reviews of Adorama.

Doug J Forum Pro • Posts: 11,136

juliediane wrote:

Here I have shown the reviews of Adorama.

I suggest you follow up with Nancy Miller as she requested in this thread. Nancy works for Adorama and is very helpful in solving problems.

Cheers,
Doug

Peter A. Stavrakoglou Veteran Member • Posts: 8,303

Scriv wrote:

I've ordered from Adorama twice, both times the in-stock item took 2+ weeks to arrive. Conversely I've ordered from B&H at least twenty times, they get the items to me in less than a week. Needless to say, I wont be using Adorama again.

Hmmm. I've ordered a number of things over the years from Adorama and never experienced a long shipping time like that. Since I moved from NY to TN three years ago, I've ordered a few items and always received them very quickly.

-- hide signature --

My humble photo gallery: http://www.pete-the-greek.com

Peter A. Stavrakoglou's gear list:Peter A. Stavrakoglou's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Sigma SD1 Merrill Canon EOS R Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads