Color band on top of prints with Epson SC-P700 (post firmware update)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
ktownsend New Member • Posts: 1
Color band on top of prints with Epson SC-P700 (post firmware update)

After updating my firmware to the latest release today (KH09KP, 09/24/20), I now have a 0.5-1 cm off color band on the top of all of my prints that wasn't there before, tested with numerous paper combinations. I've made more than 100 prints on this paper with the old firmware, and it definately wasn't present with the same paper combinations.

This has cost me a fair amount of prime paper, and ink, and makes my relatively new printer completely useless, sigh.

This was printing with both the Velvet Fine Art and Fine Art Matte papers selected in the driver, and several paper combinations that previously worked fine.

Has anyone else who has performed the update seen this issue?

allofthemweretaken Junior Member • Posts: 41
Re: Color band on top of prints with Epson SC-P700 (post firmware update)

Is the FW different in different countries? I got KH01KA 8th of October but that haven't caused me any problems. Before that I installed KH09K9 10th of September.

Keith Cooper
Keith Cooper Senior Member • Posts: 2,665
Also at KH01KA from recent update

From an update in the last week or so

Since I've still got the P700 I used for my review, I've been firing it up every so often to test things and firmware updates seem to be arriving at a steady rate

I'm also waiting for a P900 to turn up for my next review - unusually I'll have both here at the same time so can actually look at how they differ.  I wonder if anyone who has a P900 has seen regular firmware updates?

-- hide signature --

bye for now
Keith Cooper

Keith Cooper's gear list:Keith Cooper's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
Andrew Curatola Senior Member • Posts: 1,837
Re: Also at KH01KA from recent update

Keith, on the Epson web site they only show (1) firmware update for the P900.

For Windows (9/24/20) FW K109K9 52.1MB. This file contains the Epson SureColor P900 Firmware enhancement version KI09K9.

Andrew

Andrew Curatola's gear list:Andrew Curatola's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +2 more
Keith Cooper
Keith Cooper Senior Member • Posts: 2,665

Andrew Curatola wrote:

For Windows (9/24/20) FW K109K9 52.1MB. This file contains the Epson SureColor P900 Firmware enhancement version KI09K9.

Andrew

Thanks - I'll have a look at it when it turns up...

-- hide signature --

bye for now
Keith Cooper

Keith Cooper's gear list:Keith Cooper's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
Stralstroem New Member • Posts: 5

Keith Cooper wrote:

Andrew Curatola wrote:

Andrew

Thanks - I'll have a look at it when it turns up...

I installed the Epson SC-P 900 yesterday, and as part of the installation process, the printer was updated to version KI01KA.

Regards,

Christian

Stralstroem's gear list:Stralstroem's gear list
Sony FE 28-60mm F4-5.6
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads