D610 Samyang 135mm f2.0 focus assist arrows?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
900SL Junior Member • Posts: 37
D610 Samyang 135mm f2.0 focus assist arrows?

Hi

When using the above in manual mode the D610 viewfinder has focus assist arrows with a center dot in the viewfinder display to indicate when in focus.

I'm usually using live view for astro but for general use this could be handy

My question is what focusing mode is the camera using to determine this? Is it using whatever mode you have previously set ie AFS/AFC center/9 point etc?

Kind regards, R

Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
rdavy Regular Member • Posts: 308
Re: D610 Samyang 135mm f2.0 focus assist arrows?

In manual focus mode you choose the focus point ( one of the 39) using the multi-selector pad. (There are no multi point modes. ) I think the manual is fairly clear about this.

rdavy's gear list:rdavy's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P340 Nikon D600 Nikon D3300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +4 more
OP 900SL Junior Member • Posts: 37

Thanks. Found it eventually in the manual!

OP 900SL Junior Member • Posts: 37

One last question.. the viewfinder focus assist arrows/dot turns off after about 6 seconds. I've gone through every menu setting and Google to see if there is a way of extending the cut off but a blank at the moment.

rdavy Regular Member • Posts: 308

I am not aware of such a setting. If you have been through every one then I guess there isn't one.

Pressing halfway on the shutter resets the timer.

Even better, use 'Controls' settings to set AE-L button to AF-ON (i.e. back button focus) and you can keep it pressed indefinitely. It think this ensures the arrow & dot stay activated.

rdavy's gear list:rdavy's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P340 Nikon D600 Nikon D3300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads