print studio pro vs qimage

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
jerelee Regular Member • Posts: 305
print studio pro vs qimage

Is qimage worth the extra confusion as compared to canon print studio pro. Is qimage a better solution to quality prints or is Print studio pro just as good with results?

mujana Veteran Member • Posts: 7,081
Re: print studio pro vs qimage

jerelee wrote:

Is qimage worth the extra confusion as compared to canon print studio pro. Is qimage a better solution to quality prints or is Print studio pro just as good with results?

Are you working on Mac or Windows. I use Qimage and I think it’s easy and superb for printing. No extra confusion. I’m on Mac, so no Qimage Ultimate but qimage One.

mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony a7R IV Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 +6 more
palombian Forum Member • Posts: 92

I bought Qimage to circumvent the border limitations of the PRO-10 with fine art paper settings.

It reduces 30 mm to 4-5 mm, sadly not borderless.

Only with fine art settings the printer attains the best blacks and colours on matte papers, the trick replacing PBK with MBK on standard matte can't do that.

The user interface is a mess, but there are more output editing options than in LR. Not much experience yet but the prints are outstanding. I suppose the program does some automatic enhancements.

Print Studio Pro seems just a better interface to the printer drivers to me.

palombian's gear list:palombian's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS M100 Canon EOS M6 II +22 more
Howard Moftich Veteran Member • Posts: 9,878

mujana wrote:

jerelee wrote:

Are you working on Mac or Windows. I use Qimage and I think it’s easy and superb for printing. No extra confusion. I’m on Mac, so no Qimage Ultimate but qimage One.

I use QU on my mac via 'VirtualBox' and Win10.  Works very well.

-- hide signature --

Online civility: Before you press 'Post', ask yourself if you'd say that to someone face to face.

Gesture Veteran Member • Posts: 7,388

As I understand it, two of the most important features of QImage are its resizing and sharpening algorithms.  With Print Studio Pro, again, as I understand it, you are relying on the underlying resizing and sharpening algorithms of the basic image editing program like Lightroom or Photoshop.

Yes, QImage Ultimate can do lots more, but that is the attraction to me.

The Mac version is quite limited compared to the Windows (original) one.  Great tip, Howard.  That's the way I would do it on a Mac, also.

mujana Veteran Member • Posts: 7,081

Gesture wrote:

As I understand it, two of the most important features of QImage are its resizing and sharpening algorithms. With Print Studio Pro, again, as I understand it, you are relying on the underlying resizing and sharpening algorithms of the basic image editing program like Lightroom or Photoshop.

Yes, QImage Ultimate can do lots more, but that is the attraction to me.

The Mac version is quite limited compared to the Windows (original) one. Great tip, Howard. That's the way I would do it on a Mac, also.

I really like Qimage One. I wouldn’t want the Ultimate version if it existed for Mac. Certainly not Virtual box and Windows. Have other programs for working on files. I only need print options, and for that One is perfect. Simple and very effective.

mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony a7R IV Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads