Sony a7s iii RAW (and video) files not opening on Macbook Pro? Compatibility issues?

Started 2 months ago | Questions
Jeff Amador New Member • Posts: 1
Sony a7s iii RAW (and video) files not opening on Macbook Pro? Compatibility issues?

Hi there. I just received my Sony a7s iii today. I hooked up the camera to my computer via USB to transfer some images and video, but I am getting compatibility errors on RAW files and video files. Any idea as to what I am doing wrong? I took photos in RAW and videos in various framerates. Neither the Macbook Pro's finder, Quicktime, or Adobe Lightroom will open the RAW files. I have shot with RAW with a Sony a7 iii for over a year now, using this same computer, and I have never been unable to open files.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a7 III Sony a7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Brian_Smith
Brian_Smith Veteran Member • Posts: 3,338
Re: Sony a7s iii RAW (and video) files not opening on Macbook Pro? Compatibility issues?

The current versions of Adobe Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic CC, Lightroom CC and Lightroom Mobile all support Sony a7S III Raw files.

Apple is EXTREMELY slow to add raw support for their browser since they no longer offer their Aperture image processing software. But they will eventually release it in an update.

Brian_Smith's gear list:Brian_Smith's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R IV Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 +4 more
crashwins Contributing Member • Posts: 927
Re: Sony a7s iii RAW (and video) files not opening on Macbook Pro? Compatibility issues?

You'll need to use DNGs for now. Sucks

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads