Is this normal? Hot pixels/noise in particular zone

Started 2 months ago | Questions
Spirograph1109 New Member • Posts: 8
Is this normal? Hot pixels/noise in particular zone

Hello,

I recently shot some hot pixel test shots on a new X-T4.

Is this normal? there is a rectangular zone in the bottom right part which has significantly more noise and hot pixels.

Could it be that behind that zone there is something hot on the pcb or something?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
lewiedude2
lewiedude2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,981
Re: Is this normal? Hot pixels/noise in particular zone

No exif. Lens cap on or off? What did you actually do to create the image?

 lewiedude2's gear list:lewiedude2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
OP Spirograph1109 New Member • Posts: 8
Re: Is this normal? Hot pixels/noise in particular zone

lewiedude2 wrote:

No exif. Lens cap on or off? What did you actually do to create the image?

The lens cap was on and the camera was filming a small 3 minute clip before the shot, so it was warmed up a little.

ISO 200, 10 seconds, f22, 16-80mm@16, Fujifilm X-T4

Other than the amount of hot pixels (which I don't know if that should be tolerable) I am just confused by this "zone" where you have more hot pixels/noise.

vegetaleb
vegetaleb Senior Member • Posts: 2,398
Re: Is this normal? Hot pixels/noise in particular zone

Try dust sensor cleaning in the camera menu, it did the trick with my z6 when I had several hot pixels, I think it remaps the sensor pixels

-- hide signature --

For lenses reviews and tutorials about Fuji Raf editing https://fujiandstuff.wordpress.com/
My shutterstock https://www.shutterstock.com/g/jeffmerheb
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/147690104@N02/

 vegetaleb's gear list:vegetaleb's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8
OP Spirograph1109 New Member • Posts: 8
Re: Is this normal? Hot pixels/noise in particular zone

vegetaleb wrote:

Try dust sensor cleaning in the camera menu, it did the trick with my z6 when I had several hot pixels, I think it remaps the sensor pixels

Thanks for the tipp. The camera does the sensor cleaning every time it is shut off.

I also remapped the pixels in the in-camera menu

lewiedude2
lewiedude2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,981
Re: Is this normal? Hot pixels/noise in particular zone

Spirograph1109 wrote:

lewiedude2 wrote:

No exif. Lens cap on or off? What did you actually do to create the image?

The lens cap was on and the camera was filming a small 3 minute clip before the shot, so it was warmed up a little.

ISO 200, 10 seconds, f22, 16-80mm@16, Fujifilm X-T4

Other than the amount of hot pixels (which I don't know if that should be tolerable) I am just confused by this "zone" where you have more hot pixels/noise.

I will give you what I am recalling from other threads in this forum. When you perform the test you undertook, with the exif data provided, when the lens cap is on and it is sheer dark, noise will appear as the sensor is trying to capture light. The hot pixels appearing as white may or may not be normal for your 10 second exposure. I have the T2 and I can remap the pixels as a separate function (not related to sensor cleaning function by the camera) as well as set the camera to accept longer exposures which aides the reduction of hot pixels.

I would search the forum for other threads, there are quite a few. I think your camera is fine. Good luck!!

 lewiedude2's gear list:lewiedude2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
baobob
baobob Forum Pro • Posts: 15,325
Re: Is this normal? Hot pixels/noise in particular zone

Please give EXIF data

I get such issues in the dark black sky when shooting the moon if I abuse of clarity or some other settings. Thes could well be pure artefacts

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment

 baobob's gear list:baobob's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus Tough TG-4 Panasonic ZS200 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 +10 more
OP Spirograph1109 New Member • Posts: 8
Re: Is this normal? Hot pixels/noise in particular zone

baobob wrote:

Please give EXIF data

I get such issues in the dark black sky when shooting the moon if I abuse of clarity or some other settings. Thes could well be pure artefacts

The lens cap was on and the camera was filming a small 3 minute clip before the shot, so it was warmed up a little.

ISO 200, 10 seconds, f22, 16-80mm@16, Fujifilm X-T4

Already mapped the pixels

Toilet Roll
Toilet Roll Regular Member • Posts: 218
Re: Is this normal? Hot pixels/noise in particular zone

Thats worth returning imo. I think fuji added sensor remap in the options menu but not sure. Sounds like you tried already.

I sent my old xt10 to Fuji for similar hot pixels and they fixed it and gave a sensor clean too. Think the turnaround was within a week.

 Toilet Roll's gear list:Toilet Roll's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EOS R
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads