Just need to check ...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Barcud Regular Member • Posts: 143
Just need to check ...

Hi all. Just wondering about buying a K-70 body to replace my K10 which I've had since 2007! I have a few manual lenses and the lens that came with the K10 and I need to check with you guys that these lenses will be compatible with the K-70?

zardos123
zardos123 Forum Member • Posts: 86
Re: Just need to check ...

if it fits the k10 it will fit the k70

zardos123's gear list:zardos123's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM
James O'Neill Veteran Member • Posts: 5,166

zardos123 wrote:

if it fits the k10 it will fit the k70

That's it in a nutshell.  What worked on the K10 will work on K70. Just remember there is a menu option to set for non A series lenses!   The default is "don't let the shutter fire if the lens isn't in the A position" and you need to change to "do let it ..."

James O'Neill's gear list:James O'Neill's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +2 more
Alex Sarbu Forum Pro • Posts: 11,745

Barcud wrote:

Hi all. Just wondering about buying a K-70 body to replace my K10 which I've had since 2007! I have a few manual lenses and the lens that came with the K10 and I need to check with you guys that these lenses will be compatible with the K-70?

Yes, of course - similarly with your K10D. And in addition you can use the new KAF4 lenses (like the DA 55-300 RE PLM).

Alex

-- hide signature --

"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say." - George R.R. Martin, A Clash of Kings

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
kypfer Regular Member • Posts: 422

Barcud wrote:

Don't consider it a replacement (unless the K10D has "died"), but consider it a "system expansion" … there are those of us who think the older bodies with a CCD sensor can give a "different" (if not superior) appearance to some images

Other than that, go for it, the K-70 is a wonderful tool!

OP Barcud Regular Member • Posts: 143

I hear what you are saying and agree. I keep all my cameras unless there is a major problem. And now and again it's nice to get one out. Sometimes it's just a familiarity in handling and the photos that are produced. My K10 does have it's little problems now so time to get something a bit more reliable.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads