Viltrox NF-M1 Autofocus Nikon F-mount Lens to Micro Four Thirds M4/3 But....

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
6 X 17 Feind Contributing Member • Posts: 774
Viltrox NF-M1 Autofocus Nikon F-mount Lens to Micro Four Thirds M4/3 But....

I am getting a "Lens attachment Filed" warning when I put it on my Panasonic G85. In Manual Focus Mode the screen is black and as soon as I switch to Autofocus I get the Lens attachment Failed warning.

Any Ideas?

6 X 17 Feind

 6 X 17 Feind's gear list:6 X 17 Feind's gear list
Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF +8 more
Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Danielvr Veteran Member • Posts: 5,428
Re: Viltrox NF-M1 Autofocus Nikon F-mount Lens to Micro Four Thirds M4/3 But....

Have you googled "Lens attachment Failed"?

I see more than a few helpful looking matches.

 Danielvr's gear list:Danielvr's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/50 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +2 more
alcelc
alcelc Forum Pro • Posts: 14,081
compatibility issue

6 X 17 Feind wrote:

I am getting a "Lens attachment Filed" warning when I put it on my Panasonic G85. In Manual Focus Mode the screen is black and as soon as I switch to Autofocus I get the Lens attachment Failed warning.

Any Ideas?

6 X 17 Feind

Similar to a recent discussion on Laowa 50 f/2.8 macro (has electronic communication) which has compatibility issue on Panny bodies and required a firmware update by Laowa.

I had similar issue on a pair of AF extension tubes on 45~200. When I mounted either the 16mm or 10mm tube on 45~200, it is perfectly fine. When stacked the 2 extension tubes together, G1 prompted the same error message. It is fine to stack both tubes on another Panny lenses, or mounted on another bodies.

Only solution, to mask the contact pins making it a dummy lens/adapter. Otherwise, need a firmware update for the adapter.

-- hide signature --

Albert
** Please feel free to download the original image I posted here and edit it as you like **

 alcelc's gear list:alcelc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 +10 more
OP 6 X 17 Feind Contributing Member • Posts: 774
Re: Viltrox NF-M1 Autofocus Nikon F-mount Lens to Micro Four Thirds M4/3 But....

Danielvr wrote:

Have you googled "Lens attachment Failed"?

I see more than a few helpful looking matches.

Yes I have! and I combed through a ton of them yesterday and none of them were in reference to the NF-M1 Autofocus adapter. I messaged Viltrox on their facebook page and just now I got a response that the NF-M1 Autofocus adapter had been tried on the G85... so it looks like there is a compatibility issue here... DAMN IT ! !

-- hide signature --

6 X 17 Feind

 6 X 17 Feind's gear list:6 X 17 Feind's gear list
Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF +8 more
rubank Senior Member • Posts: 1,185
Re: Viltrox NF-M1 Autofocus Nikon F-mount Lens to Micro Four Thirds M4/3 But....

6 X 17 Feind wrote:

Danielvr wrote:

Have you googled "Lens attachment Failed"?

I see more than a few helpful looking matches.

Yes I have! and I combed through a ton of them yesterday and none of them were in reference to the NF-M1 Autofocus adapter. I messaged Viltrox on their facebook page and just now I got a response that the NF-M1 Autofocus adapter had been tried on the G85... so it looks like there is a compatibility issue here... DAMN IT ! !

FWIW, I have a G80 - which is supposedly exactly the same body - and the Viltrox NF-M1 adapter works well with both Nikon and Sigma lenses on my camera. (In AF-S that is, no luck with AF-C).

I guess you have got a faulty adapter.

Danielvr Veteran Member • Posts: 5,428
Re: Viltrox NF-M1 Autofocus Nikon F-mount Lens to Micro Four Thirds M4/3 But....

I guess you have got a faulty adapter.

Could it be a matter of having to update any firmware (lens/adapter/camera) ?

(ETA: Oh I see Alcelc already suggested basically the same)

 Danielvr's gear list:Danielvr's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/50 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +2 more
OP 6 X 17 Feind Contributing Member • Posts: 774
Re: Viltrox NF-M1 Autofocus Nikon F-mount Lens to Micro Four Thirds M4/3 But....

rubank wrote:

6 X 17 Feind wrote:

Danielvr wrote:

Have you googled "Lens attachment Failed"?

I see more than a few helpful looking matches.

Yes I have! and I combed through a ton of them yesterday and none of them were in reference to the NF-M1 Autofocus adapter. I messaged Viltrox on their facebook page and just now I got a response that the NF-M1 Autofocus adapter had been tried on the G85... so it looks like there is a compatibility issue here... DAMN IT ! !

FWIW, I have a G80 - which is supposedly exactly the same body - and the Viltrox NF-M1 adapter works well with both Nikon and Sigma lenses on my camera. (In AF-S that is, no luck with AF-C).

I guess you have got a faulty adapter.

Hummmmmm I must have as I tried it on two G85 bodies with the exact same results.

-- hide signature --

6 X 17 Feind

 6 X 17 Feind's gear list:6 X 17 Feind's gear list
Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads