Firmware for X-E3 and X-T2

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
RogueOne Regular Member • Posts: 133
Firmware for X-E3 and X-T2

Noticed when I used the app to use some live view shooting, it told me there was updated firmware for my X-E3.  Mainly seems to focus on the new 50mm f/1 lens, but it also had a section for 'bug fixes'.  I went ahead and applied it to both my X-E3 and X-T2.

Just letting people know firmware is out there in case you want to check it out!

RogueOne's gear list:RogueOne's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +8 more
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
chromos
chromos Regular Member • Posts: 122
Re: Firmware for X-E3 and X-T2

Thank you for information.

X-E3:

If you have small icons on LCD then you can circularly toggle three different behaviours by DISP/BACK button: (1) icons with live view > (2) live view without icons > (3) detailed info without live view.

If you have large icons then (2) is the same as (1). This bug isn't fixed.

chromos's gear list:chromos's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +9 more
yayatosorus Contributing Member • Posts: 799

The X-T2, amongst others, has gotten a fix for the exposure stepping when shooting video. Here's a test I have made with the X-H1:

yayatosorus's gear list:yayatosorus's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
Barcud Regular Member • Posts: 143

I've been trying to download fujifilm firmware but I always get a message to choose an app to open the file! Which app is used to open this firmware?

OP RogueOne Regular Member • Posts: 133

Barcud wrote:

I've been trying to download fujifilm firmware but I always get a message to choose an app to open the file! Which app is used to open this firmware?

What browser are you using?  Sounds like it's trying to open the DAT file, not save it.  You just need to save it so you can transfer it to your SD Card.

RogueOne's gear list:RogueOne's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +8 more

I am using google chrome. I tick the agreement, then press download, then it downloads it to Gimp ! From where I can't open it of course! This must sound confusing.

Does the file appear in your downloads folder?

Yes but with Gimp icon. And then on pressing open it goes to Gimp and again of course Gimp doesn't know what the file is.

Peter Jonas Veteran Member • Posts: 3,974
Re: Copy the file ... Firmware for X-E3 and X-T2

Barcud wrote:

Yes but with Gimp icon. And then on pressing open it goes to Gimp and again of course Gimp doesn't know what the file is.

Don't try to open a firmware file.

Copy it to the root directory of your SD card.

I trust you know the rest of the procedure...

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Peter Jonas

Peter Jonas's gear list:Peter Jonas's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +1 more

Here is the official Fujifilm firmware update procedure.

https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/support/download/procedure-x-interchangeable-ver2/

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads