Xt30 screen automatically switching off

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
ZioPepino Junior Member • Posts: 38
Xt30 screen automatically switching off

Hi,

I have a problem that I don't success to fix yet. As a street photographer, I often switch my shooting style between evf and hip shot with tilt screen, on my xt30. The problem is that when I'm in hip shot position, there is a sensor that switch off the screen of my camera, most of all during decisive moments XD

I have the feeling that this is really sensible, even when my camera is close to my chest, the screen turns off. Off course I can't use the touch screen functions. Maybe I'm missing something? Is there any way to make this sensor not work in tilt position? Is it possible to decrease the sensibility of this sensor? Something else?

Thank you very much!

Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Grumpyrocker
Grumpyrocker Contributing Member • Posts: 872
Re: Xt30 screen automatically switching off

You just need to press the View Mode button until it is in "LCD Only" mode. Then the sensor won't operate.

Grumpyrocker's gear list:Grumpyrocker's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Canon PowerShot S120 +5 more
OP ZioPepino Junior Member • Posts: 38
Re: Xt30 screen automatically switching off

Thank you, that's already what I was using, but don't feel it practical when you need to switch quickly between eye and hip level shot. I've heard that some Fuji detect when the screen is tilted and desable the sensor. My Fuji xt30 can't do it I guess?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads