Anyone else's NX1 front rubber material coming off?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
james _ Forum Member • Posts: 70
Anyone else's NX1 front rubber material coming off?

The rubber, grip material on the front - just noticed mine is peeling by the lens mount/just left of the grip.

if I were planning to sell this camera and you were a prospective buyer, would you prefer me to super glue it or leave it so you can fix it how you like?

Samsung NX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
kypfer Regular Member • Posts: 422
Re: Anyone else's NX1 front rubber material coming off?

james _ wrote:

The rubber, grip material on the front - just noticed mine is peeling by the lens mount/just left of the grip.

if I were planning to sell this camera and you were a prospective buyer, would you prefer me to super glue it or leave it so you can fix it how you like?

There was another post about peeling/degrading rubber a week or two ago … it happens!

Unless you're SUREyou can repair it successfully, I'd suggest leave it alone and let someone else mess it up Super glue is rarely totally satisfactory on a non-rigid material!

OP james _ Forum Member • Posts: 70

thanks for the response. lol yeah I was worried that if I were to ship it to someone, it could potentially get bumped around and peel even more, but I suppose that's rather unlikely if packed properly

ROTCWoody New Member • Posts: 24

Mines been pealing for quit some time...would be nice if there was one of those camera jackets that they make for every other DSLR...DSLM out there...available for the NX1...but not! The NX1 and NX500 were and still are two of the best mirrorless cameras  ever made but never a lens above 200MM...never a smart adapter for Canon or Nikon glass. Both are still as powerful as anything out there today just don't have any good toys to go with them. The Sam's NX1 and NX500 died when Samsungs phones arrived....sad!!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads