Grand Central Station New York (with 10-24 and 50/2)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Joachim Gerstl
Joachim Gerstl Veteran Member • Posts: 8,556
Grand Central Station New York (with 10-24 and 50/2)

Hi,

Some pictures from the Grand Central Station in New York. October 2019 when life was still good and we could travel everywhere we liked.

http://www.littlebigtravelingcamera.com/?p=15640

Hope that in a year from now life will be back to normal again. Have a good day and stay safe!

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Gerstl's gear list:Joachim Gerstl's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
jhorse Veteran Member • Posts: 4,171
Re: Grand Central Station New York (with 10-24 and 50/2)

Great story, lovely images and glad the 10-24, which I have just bought with the recent cashback, performed well.

I agree with you - an impressive station.

-- hide signature --
 jhorse's gear list:jhorse's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +6 more
Gaber
Gaber Veteran Member • Posts: 6,152

Lovely photo's that show off the station very well. Now retired, I commuted every weekday to and from Grand Central for 34 years so you can imagine all the pictures I have taken there and with a multitude of different cameras and lenses. Thankfully the station is so impressive that you don't get tired of it.

-- hide signature --
 Gaber's gear list:Gaber's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 4500 Olympus Tough TG-2 Nikon 1 J5 Fujifilm X-E3 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +13 more
Leined Junior Member • Posts: 33

Great blog post— though, I was hoping for more 50mm F2 shots haha.

Still on the fence between it and the 56mm. How has it been for you?

Joachim Gerstl
OP Joachim Gerstl Veteran Member • Posts: 8,556

jhorse wrote:

Great story, lovely images and glad the 10-24, which I have just bought with the recent cashback, performed well.

I agree with you - an impressive station.

Thank you! You will be very happy. It is an impressive lens. The first wide angle zoom I really liked beside the Canon 16-35/4 IS which is also great.

-- hide signature --
Sony RX100 IV Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
MrSee
MrSee Senior Member • Posts: 1,213

Love your shots!

-- hide signature --

Jim from Ontario Canada
Fuji X-H1
Fuji 18-55 2.8-4

MrSee's gear list:MrSee's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1
Joachim Gerstl

Gaber wrote:

Lovely photo's that show off the station very well. Now retired, I commuted every weekday to and from Grand Central for 34 years so you can imagine all the pictures I have taken there and with a multitude of different cameras and lenses. Thankfully the station is so impressive that you don't get tired of it.

Thank you! It's a spectacular place. You were very happy that you could see it on a regular base.

-- hide signature --
Joachim Gerstl

Leined wrote:

Great blog post— though, I was hoping for more 50mm F2 shots haha.

Still on the fence between it and the 56mm. How has it been for you?

Thank you. There are more 50/2 images in my next blog post from the Flat Iron building. There are also many 56/1.2 images on my blog though no portraits. I don't want to post portraits of my friends there.

If you want a lens for portraits I would recommend the 56/1.2 or the 90/2. I switched my 56/1.2 with the 90/2 of another photographer. The 90/2 is more versatile. I can use it for portraits and as a high quality tele lens.

The 50/2 is sharp and super small and light but it is not in the same class than the other two. Hope that helps.

-- hide signature --
mcshan Veteran Member • Posts: 4,532

Love your shots and I love Grand Central.  The PBS documentary some years ago is still (!) worth watching. Quite a history and place.

I really like this thread.

-- hide signature --

"Soylent Green is people!"

mcshan's gear list:mcshan's gear list
Leica X1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Leica X2 Sony RX100 Leica X Vario +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads