Bluetooth / Wifi Connection - working poorly

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
User9263376856
User9263376856 New Member • Posts: 8
Bluetooth / Wifi Connection - working poorly

First of all I love this little camera! Lots of fun. The only thing that is absolutely annoying is the fact that the camera doesn’t stay connected to my iPhone 11.

Most of the time I use the GR III while riding my bike, stopping here and there for some shots. My phone is attached to my bike for navigation. I expect that the Ricoh connects and stays connected to my iphone all the time, just like my Apple Watch does. But no matter what setting e.g. the setting to stay connected via Bluetooth constantly, it does not do so. 
Does anyone else have the same issue and / or has anyone a solution to that problem. 
I like to have a constant connection because my files should get the gps data involved.

Thank you for you comments and advice already.

User9263376856's gear list:User9263376856's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Ricoh GR III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +3 more
Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Vic Gedris Forum Member • Posts: 79
Re: Bluetooth / Wifi Connection - working poorly

I gave up on using doing this for the same reason, though I'm using an Android phone.

Instead, I just use a GPS logging app on my phone, and sync it all up when I copy the images to my computer.

User9263376856
OP User9263376856 New Member • Posts: 8

Vic Gedris wrote:

I gave up on using doing this for the same reason, though I'm using an Android phone.

Instead, I just use a GPS logging app on my phone, and sync it all up when I copy the images to my computer.

Thank you very much. Your words make me feel better although it is unacceptable that this function doesn’t work as it should for this marvel of camera. I will look into the App Store for a gps logging app and do as you do. Thanks again for your advice.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Ricoh GR III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +3 more
Perry L New Member • Posts: 21

I find it usually works to close the Image Sync app and then reopen it whenever I want a location linked to a photo. It is annoying, but only takes a few seconds. I haven't fiddled with the camera settings to see if the options for always staying connected use a lot of power or if they even work. Maybe someone else has experience with those and will chime in?

It is rather lame the way it is, but a vast improvement over not working at all (when first released) or of placing every scene somewhere in the Pacific (until the latest update).

User9263376856
OP User9263376856 New Member • Posts: 8

Perry L wrote:

I find it usually works to close the Image Sync app and then reopen it whenever I want a location linked to a photo. It is annoying, but only takes a few seconds. I haven't fiddled with the camera settings to see if the options for always staying connected use a lot of power or if they even work. Maybe someone else has experience with those and will chime in?

It is rather lame the way it is, but a vast improvement over not working at all (when first released) or of placing every scene somewhere in the Pacific (until the latest update).

On one hand I agree that in its current state it is better than before (when it was not working at all) . But nevertheless it is very poorly implemented and for my usage not working. The always on function suggest Bluetooth is always on. Power consumption can’t be an issue either. There are a lot of examples for the e,g. My Apple Watch. 
Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your thoughts.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads