Nikon Transfer 2 won't see card

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
KCK14 Contributing Member • Posts: 963
Nikon Transfer 2 won't see card

Trying Nikon ViewNX-i and the import app, Nikon Transfer 2 does not want to recognize the card in the iMac built in slot or an external reader.  Using current downloads of the Nikon software and Catalina 15.6

It will recognize the camera via USB cable but I normally don't care to use the USB download.

Any ideas?

KCK14's gear list:KCK14's gear list
Nikon D7000 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus PEN-F Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro
Dave Braun Contributing Member • Posts: 619
Re: Nikon Transfer 2 won't see card

KCK14 wrote:

Trying Nikon ViewNX-i and the import app, Nikon Transfer 2 does not want to recognize the card in the iMac built in slot or an external reader. Using current downloads of the Nikon software and Catalina 15.6

Is it 1.4.3 ? I have this and it shows folder for D7200 but says 0 files.

It will recognize the camera via USB cable but I normally don't care to use the USB download.

Any ideas?

Does it show in Finder ? Mine does and I can navigate folder and see photos.

Must be a bug.

OP KCK14 Contributing Member • Posts: 963

Nikon Transfer is 2.13.  Card shows up in Finder just like normal.  Also readable in Image Capture, Apple Photos, LR etc.  Card and slot is OK The problem is with Transfer.

Nikon D7000 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus PEN-F Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro
Dave Braun Contributing Member • Posts: 619

KCK14 wrote:

Nikon Transfer is 2.13. Card shows up in Finder just like normal. Also readable in Image Capture, Apple Photos, LR etc. Card and slot is OK The problem is with Transfer.

I agree but have same problem in Capture NX-D

OP KCK14 Contributing Member • Posts: 963

I was trying to prepare a talk about processing software and wanted to use Nikon View as an example of a decent FREE program for Jpegs, but if import functions are limited to USB cable, I will drop that idea.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads