* The Weekly Image Thread 20 09 11 #472 *

Started 6 months ago | Photos
Palin0_0
Palin0_0 Senior Member • Posts: 2,578
Re: Miscellaneous - Washington State

a good set of pics.....and with a great sky, thank god the smoke has not gone that far....

-- hide signature --

The Best Camera is the one that you have on your Hands.

Palin0_0's gear list:Palin0_0's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800E Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +19 more
Olyinaz Veteran Member • Posts: 8,182
Well done

As usual it's an interesting set of photos that illustrates the topic well.  Captured well also - photo journalist quality.

I wear the mask when required, mostly because of people like those here with the attitudes we see here.  I happen to think it's almost useless but I have no desire to trigger the easily frightened or overly judgmental citizens I am surrounded with.  I refuse to wear it like a fool when walking outside by myself and not near anyone else.  I see people in cars by themselves with a mask on and I weep for the species.   Good grief...

2020, like this damned virus, needs to become a distant memory.

Oly

Olyinaz's gear list:Olyinaz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Canon EOS 77D Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye +12 more
WhyNot
WhyNot Veteran Member • Posts: 9,943
Re: Well done

Olyinaz wrote:

As usual it's an interesting set of photos that illustrates the topic well. Captured well also - photo journalist quality.

I wear the mask when required, mostly because of people like those here with the attitudes we see here. I happen to think it's almost useless but I have no desire to trigger the easily frightened or overly judgmental citizens I am surrounded with. I refuse to wear it like a fool when walking outside by myself and not near anyone else. I see people in cars by themselves with a mask on and I weep for the species. Good grief...

2020, like this damned virus, needs to become a distant memory.

Oly

Thank you for the comment  .... much appreciated .. I too am perfectly comfortable not wearing a mask when not near anyone else and hope they too are comfortable with my decision .....

Stay well ...

WhyNot

Craig from Nevada
Craig from Nevada Veteran Member • Posts: 8,585
Re: Mask Up

WhyNot wrote:

Thanks for stopping by Craig ... would rather be watching the sun come up with you ....

Stay well ....

WhyNot

The sun isn't visible much these days due to the smoke from the fires raging next door in California.

Craig from Nevada's gear list:Craig from Nevada's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-T1 +28 more
EZGritz
EZGritz Senior Member • Posts: 3,028

A month ago someone tried to convince me Bill Gates was funding the looters, bringing them in from out of town to cause chaos so he could take over the country with his private army.

I asked her if he put them up in his house and how he gave them money. She said he gave them credit cards. I asked how he could give thousands of people credit cards in their own names. Stopped her for a while.

EZGritz's gear list:EZGritz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 +10 more
EZGritz
Re: Miscellaneous - Washington State

No smoke ~ 15 years go when I took these photos.

Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 +10 more
Re: Oldies

The images are excellent no matter the camera.

Oly

Olympus E-M1 II Canon EOS 77D Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye +12 more
Re: This week in Cali

Lovely photos. We've had days of overcast skies, reduced visibility and low temps in Tucson...only trouble is it's not due to moisture. Smoke.

Air quality where I live.

Oly

WhyNot
WhyNot Veteran Member • Posts: 9,943

EZGritz wrote:

A month ago someone tried to convince me Bill Gates was funding the looters, bringing them in from out of town to cause chaos so he could take over the country with his private army.

I asked her if he put them up in his house and how he gave them money. She said he gave them credit cards. I asked how he could give thousands of people credit cards in their own names. Stopped her for a while.

I always advise not talking and especially not listening to crazy people  Its like this virus -- it's catching ...... We live in a world where beliefs often trump science and logic .... but then we've been there before and could relive those days again ...  in earnest ...

and WhyNot ...

EZGritz
Re: Oldies

Isn't it interesting most were made with a 2MP 10X zoom P&S camera? Can't make a big print out of them but good enough on a monitor. Fun reading the review/specs.

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusc2100uz

I look at the cat in the image gallery and wonder why people argue they need 40MP.

I wish it still worked. I'd use it. Tried new batteries. Fires up and dies.

19andrew47
OP 19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 38,487
Re: Smoke in Paradise

I saw the first in your reply to Craig.  It was hilarious.  Apparently it is not a one time thing!

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: On the Mountain

You can only stay isolated for so long WN before you give in and go out among the herd, but being sensible about it.  We were off to the RBG yesterday.  The roses for the most part I think were winding down and there were not many people about in either the rose garden or the rock garden.  That was good for me but taking images of people is a bit hard without more people.

A nice set and good to see that the event took place.  All similar events in our area have been cancelled for this year.  We usually attend them.

Andrew

Rich Z
Rich Z Forum Pro • Posts: 12,681
Re: Smoke in Paradise

Certainly not a one time thing, Andrew.  They're like peanuts.  Once you've eaten one you have to have the rest and you can't stop until they're all gone.   Rich

EZGritz

The Paris mob, the Salem Witch hunts. Been around forever

EZGritz
Lonely Bird

Only three birds in the yard this morning. Haven't seen this one before. Interesting dark brown feathers with blue highlights. Usually lots of birds chowing down in the morning. Where did they go? They left a pile of seed out on the table untouched. It should have been gone in minutes. Is it the smoke?

Hummingbirds love this bush. I have never seen a bird like this one eating the fruit.

Should be bright sun. I would have been shooting ISO 200 if not for the smoke. I would not have taken this shot if I had seen this bird before. I'm glad I did. I like the color and the detail is decent for ISO 2000-2500 as long as you don't zoom 100%.

EZGritz
Re: Experiments in Selective Colour

I think all of them are terrific

DRB in NM
DRB in NM Regular Member • Posts: 194
B&W Landscapes

And this little barrel cactus, just cuz I like it:)

-- hide signature --

DRB in NM

DRB in NM's gear list:DRB in NM's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-520 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
EZGritz
Re: B&W Landscapes

First one is very dramatic

19andrew47
Re: B&W Landscapes

It has been a while!  Hope you are well. I like the landscapes and also the cactus. We do not have many  here  that will survive outdoors.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: Lonely Bird

No idea what the bird is Harvey but perhaps someone else will.

Andrew

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads