GR III - overheating - caught on video

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
OP telemach Contributing Member • Posts: 637
Re: GR III - overheating - caught on video

Tungsten Nordstein wrote:

Write to Ricoh. Send your video.

Ricoh has my previous overheating video documentation and I did contact few Ricoh reps about this test scenario. If I can partially fix it then they should do this as well if not for this model then for upcoming one.

I found a solution

After multiple tests I made a small insert from copper tape (that I place in the gap between battery and inner side of a compartment) and it works very well.

Intervalometer set to 10 sec. and camera is operating for and hour, turning off with message 'battery depleted' instead of 'overheating' after 30 minutes.

BTW : Have you checked your camera against overheating ? I am curious if your camera can pass this intervalometer test (doesn't matter outside temp so you can do this anywhere).

SUPER-ELMAR
SUPER-ELMAR Regular Member • Posts: 144

telemach wrote:

https://youtu.be/vFvkUOic4iY

My simple tests showing you that overheating is real and happening.

Bonus section includes 'missed' AF and really strange file sizes which might suggest various compression settings used for nearly same image.

I haven't noticed this yet but thank you for taking the time to share your findings.

SUPER-ELMAR's gear list:SUPER-ELMAR's gear list
Ricoh GR III Leica M10 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Hasselblad X1D II 50C Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH +5 more
sae1lin2aug3
sae1lin2aug3 Senior Member • Posts: 1,558

SUPER-ELMAR wrote:

telemach wrote:

https://youtu.be/vFvkUOic4iY

My simple tests showing you that overheating is real and happening.

Bonus section includes 'missed' AF and really strange file sizes which might suggest various compression settings used for nearly same image.

I haven't noticed this yet but thank you for taking the time to share your findings.

`Does it effect raw or jpeg images.

-- hide signature --

"Think Different." S. J.

Lessiter Regular Member • Posts: 209

Raw files are often compressed with lossless algorithms. Expecting them to be the same size is a mistake. Many raw formats are, sort of, zip files.

Telemach your whole argument becomes less credible when you add random misunderstandings to your list.

Lessiter wrote:

Raw files are often compressed with lossless algorithms. Expecting them to be the same size is a mistake. Many raw formats are, sort of, zip files.

Telemach your whole argument becomes less credible when you add random misunderstandings to your list.

I have no idea what are you referring to; please quote where do I expect same size what is this misunderstanding

sae1lin2aug3 wrote:

`Does it effect raw or jpeg images.

I don't see anything like this but as you see on video something else is going on with jpeg size.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads